Gaming i need some info..

Firefoxer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to make a website where people can get free psp games, but I was trying to think of a legal way to do it. Ive came up with an idea to make it like a library so you can see what games are still in stalk and etc etc. I need to know how i can make this legal tho.... it would help if someone told me how.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That wouldn't make it legal. I'm assuming you mean stock instead of stalk, though. You would also have to have the web space to host every PSP game, which I doubt you can fund. You would also have to find a web host who is perfectly fine with you uploading illegal ISOs.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way to make it legal is to never host the ISOs, ever. At all. Hosting ISOs will automatically make it legally possible to shut your website down.

As for just a "library" of releases, that is perfectly legal. So long as you never link *directly* to downloads.

Firefoxer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ISO files are legal... if used in the right way.. i can find a place to host my web site but idk where i should upload the files to...

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
There's no legal way to offer people free PSP games unless you're the Publisher of those games. Those sites that offer free downloads? Yep, not legal.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't need to occupy my time with trying to tell you it's illegal to give away copyrighted content for free. I'm pretty sure that's really all you need to know.

Reactions: 1 person

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's no point, with better alternatives out there, and you can't make it legal. Even if you somehow made it legal (become an entire government and pass it into law? probably your best bet. Might have to rule the world though) no one will use your crappy site.
Sorry but thems the breaks. It's already dead simple to find ISOs. No one needs an amateur site that's constantly getting shut down.

This is a completely pointless venture. Waste time doing something else.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
:wtf: but i would only be offering the game to be downloaded as manytimes as i own it..
The idea that you can download it if you own it is false, and you can't give away copies even if you own it. Copyright law is NOT the same thing as simply owning a phyiscal copy of something, you are NOT authorized to distribute additional copies.

What you want to do is not legal in the US without some sort of agreement from the makers/publishers of the games.

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The law that differentiates what is legal and what is not when making copies of a game has been in place for decades. That making your own copy of your own media is okay. However redistributing your copies to the masses is not ok. In fact its dangerous. Offering copyrighted material over the internet is in the grey area. If you want to take that risk, and you get in trouble for it, then its a matter of their professional 6-to-7 figure Jew lawyers against whatever lawyer you're able to afford.

Theres just no legal way to upload video games on any system in the US. Period. There are no loop holes, no gimmick. Its just straight up, black and white illegal, and that made up "delete it in 24 hours" excuse to ease other's conscious WILL NOT hold up in any court. While morally, both uploaders and downloaders are wrong/bad, legally, its the ones that upload, that offer content to the masses are the ones that grab attention, and people that profit from the distribution of copies will be in even more hot water.

Anyways, now that you understand that theres no possible legal way to host a site or upload copyrighted material on the internet without moving to another country and using their servers... here's what you can do...

Pay for your own server, your own site, and provide illegal downloads and hope you don't get in trouble.
Or find a pirate forum, and use file host sites to catalog a sea of links and multi-archives for a library of games for the masses of downloads.

Both methods have ways for you to use ad services and incentive programs to your favor where you're rewarded x amount of money for y amount of views/downloads.

The only legal thing you can do, is to make a thread post or site in a library/catalog-type format, documenting organized information and pictures of PSP games/releases. Much like GBATemp, there will be no download-links provided, just information that can help others pirate games.

Which doesn't really make sense that blatent piracy is not allowed, but somehow providing all the information and tools that are more-than-necessary to do so PLUS public discussions on it, somehow is legal? Its kind of two-faced and mixed-messaged.... "We don't condone piracy here, but here are a series of tutorials, how-to's, and more-than-you'll-ever-need-to-know to do so anyways." Sites like this are Hypocracy at it's finest.

Still... there is no legal way to provide download links to any copyrighted PSP games publicly. Any actions that you take that are infringing on copyrights publicly are both your illegal choice, and your risk.

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also Rydian is right too... You can't use that "I own a physical copy so its ok to download a copied digital copy" excuse also doesn't make things legal. Its only legal if its YOUR copy, and only YOUR copy. YOU keep it to YOURSELF and YOURSELF only. It is not in your authority to share it outside of your household ever. And because people can't be trusted to keep their games to themselves, companies/developers have to intentionally "break" functions of their media and devices that play them to keep people from sharing, as futile as the process is. This is why "anti-piracy" systems exist.

And again, Rydian is also right, that if you have permission from the copyright holders themselves to do so. And most likely, having permission from the game's producer might not be enough, you might need the consent from multiple companies. Though even if you needed it from one person, you or anyone getting permission to share content will never happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse