I need some help with GBAExploader

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Nimbus, May 30, 2010.

May 30, 2010
  1. Nimbus
    OP

Member Nimbus sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1

United Kingdom
    Ok, so I have an AK2, and a M3DS Real with a GBA Expansion pack.

Currently I almost always use my AK2 and hate having to take it out of my DS, switch the MicroSD to my M3 and use my M3 to play GBA games. So I have been using GBAExploader which works with most of my GBA games.

However, I am having issues with Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen. The saves load just fine, it's just that every time I select save, the game freezes, It doesn't save, but doesn't wipe my save file either.

Is there a fix for this, or am I going to have to go out and buy a 3-in-One?

2. Xenon++

Member Xenon++ Taiju Yamada

Japan
    Try to sram-patch using GBATA manually.

3. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    No need. Exploader patches it automatically. Well it should anyway.

As for your AK2, you're using AKAIO correct? If so, I had compatibility problems with GBA Exploader freezing when trying to access the SRAM, the area where the save is located. But this was slightly different than your problem, it was GBA Exploader that froze, not the game. A fix for it was downloading the official firmware, going into the __ak2 directory and copying ak2_sd.dldi. Then pasting it into the __aio directory on your MicroSD, overwriting the existing one. Note that my build is with an EZ Flash 3in1+ not an M3 GBA Expansion.

I suggest you wait for someone else with that hardware to give you a solution.

4. Xenon++

Member Xenon++ Taiju Yamada

Japan
    Well...
    Remove .sgn and try again. My environment was OK to save in firered(clean) with exploader

5. Nimbus
    OP

United Kingdom
    Xenon++ I just tried your suggestion...it's a no-go.

I also tried all of the other suggestions all of you others suggested. None of them worked.

I've given up, and ordered a 3-in-one which I have been meaning to get for quite some time now. I suppose in the meantime that I will just have to put up with swapping the microSD between carts. Thank you all for your time and suggestions.

6. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    maybe your battery is dead,or sram is corrupted.

7. Nimbus
    OP

United Kingdom
    If the SRAM was bad then it wouldn't work on my m3dsreal. Anyway at this point I could honestly give a rats you know what in the streets of a former hell (I can say that here, right?)

I'm getting a 3-in-1 which should be here in 2-5 days. Which when combined with my ak2 ultimately will be more awesome than my m3 ever could hope to be. And it might even work with my scds1i as well. Again thanks for your help everybody.

Curse this iPod keyboard. Keeps trying to autocorrect me as if to act like it's smarter than me.

8. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    ...if sram is corrupted it would work,but not save(correct me if im wrong).Also is this your gbaexploader?It should be.

9. Nimbus
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yes, that is the version of gbaexploader I am using. I actually just found out that it's not freezing in the way I thought. I had my volume turned off on my ds lite. As it turns out the music is still playing and it's not making that awful noise gba games typically make when they crash. It just never gets past the "SAVING do not turn off the power!" menu

The saving works fine on my m3ds real though. But again I want to load them through my ak2, because I don't entirely care about my m3ds real anymore.

This also occurs with most hacks of games like this such as touhoumon (I so freaking love touhoumon btw) and moemon. So it's not just clean Roms that are having the issue.

All of my gba games on my sd card are my own dumps, with touhoumon and moemon both being ips patched. I have verified that they are good dumps.

This issue also occurs if I attempt to use my supercard ds one (i) and gbaexploader (both manual dldi patched and unpatched). So it isn't just my acekard2 that's having this issue.

10. crazyshiza

Member crazyshiza GBAtemp Regular

Thanks for this info, I was having the same problem you described and this fixed it!

Sorry if the is off topic, it sounds like the OP is not experiencing the same issue.