I need some help getting started with modding my wii.

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by joegt123, Nov 11, 2015.

1. joegt123
    OP

joegt123 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2012
    United States
    I'm new to modding in general. I've only ever used CFW pro-c on my psp and that was substantially less complex than this seems to be. Haven't started the process yet mostly because I want to understand exactly what I'm going to be doing beforehand to minimize the risk of screwing my system over entirely.

I'm going to be using the Letterbomb exploit with an SDHC (I know, it's not recommended, but I want to be able to run everything out of a 32gb SD so I don't have to worry about a thumbdrive hanging out of the back of the console). I have the process that I'm going to be following HERE, but what I don't see anywhere is, after this is all done, how do I run wii games from ISO's off of the SD card? I've looked through the FAQ and didn't see any info on this. The only thing I've been able to find is running ISO's from the USB port, and even then the information was confusing. Furthermore, nothing seems to be telling me the actual filepaths that should be used for save files, iso's, wiiware games, other emulators, etc.

I don't really care about the finer intricacies of the modding world, I don't need to be able to run this modded game with that cheat engine, I just want to play (primarily wii) games off an internal disk now that all the online features of wii games are defunct anyway. Any help would be appreciated, as I said, I'm pretty much a noob to this.

Last edited by joegt123, Nov 11, 2015