I need help with my acekard! pLeAsE!

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by civicus, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2009
  1. civicus
    OP

Newcomer civicus Newbie

United States
    Ok so I have a nintendo dsi and I ordered a acekard 2i from deal extreme. Came in had a little trouble figuring it out but ended up getting ds roms on it. The ds games work with no issues. It was very important to me that I was able to play nes roms and I was told that the nesds was the best one. downloaded it and tried to use it, but it just froze and wouldnt let me do anything no matter how many times i restarted it. I searched and found someone with the same problem as me and they downloaded akaio 1.4 1 proper and it fixed their problem. So i downloaded it and here are my problems.

Using the standard acekard stuff i cant run nesds. I can however play ds roms no problem. I can also use nester something or other to play nes games but they run like crap and dont work properly.

Using the akaio set up i can play nesds, but..... I only tried 2 roms. one is tmnt2 and the other is tmnt3. tmnt3 plays fine and works like it is supposed to. tmnt2 has the backgrounds and music, but you cant see your character or any of the enemies?!?!?! Its not the tmnt2 rom because you can see your guy and the enemies on the other crap emulator. THE OTHER ISSUE I have with akaio is that I cant play my ds roms. When I pick one it says loading in blue, then changes to green and the whole thing freezes.

So then I figured I must not have the newest loaders. I downloaded the newest loaders using my computer from several sites, and when I get them to my ds, if I touch them the system freezes up and if I press "Y" it says it is a corrupted file. So then I tried downloading the newest loaders via wifi. It will let me download the save game and cheat updates just fine, but when I try to get the loaders, once again the entire system freezes up. [​IMG]

For now i have gone back to the standard acekard stuff. It plays my ds games just fine but I would really like to be able to run nesds and I cant with it.

Can someone give me all the links to make this thing do what I want? Once again here is what I want.

To run ds game roms with no problems.
    To run nes (and possibly snes) emulators with little to no problems. little=some games dont work lot=you cant see your guy.

I believe I can do what I am trying to with the proper version of akaio.... Does anyone else have these same problems? I need help!!!!

2. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I'm running SNEmulDS and nesDS with no problems with AKAIO 1.4.1.

Read the AKAIO Wiki, it has all the links there and a guide on how to set up AKAIO.

Next time, read the forums rules and don't title your post like "I need help!!!!!"

3. civicus
    OP

Newcomer civicus Newbie

United States
    Ok..... This is my first post. Sorry I dont know everything about how to title my question. Regardless, I am telling you i am running that program and it wont play ds roms and i have missing characters on one of the two nes roms i have. I did read the wiki. That is how I learned about all of these programs to begin with including the panasonic card format program, the loader updates, and winrar to unzip those files.

Are you using a dsi or a ds lite or what? Maybe its a dsi compatibility issue? I dont believe its my flashcart....

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    without reading your full post, because honestly its bloody hard to read it, i think your problem is a corrupt msd. nesds does not run under the official firmware, and when nesds errors out (like when the official tries to run it) it can cause strange things to happen. i once had it put a 4gb save file on my 2gb msd. yes, my o/s reported it as being 4gb. i would format the msd with the panasonic formatter and then put akaio 1.4.1 proper repack on there. also check the nds emu forum for the nesds compatibility list. neither nesds or nesterj have perfect compatibility. some games error, some have graphic glitches, some have sound problems, etc.

the ak2i runs on the dsi in ds mode, there is no compatibility issue there. nesds runs perfect on akaio. i wrote the entire compatibility list using akaio. the loaders patch the rom/homebrew for saves, fixes, etc before the file loads. they have nothing to do with now nesds or nesterj emulate. updating the loaders will not change the behavior of the emu.

-another world

5. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.