I need help compiling d2x cIOS Installer v2.2b vWii Edition

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Newest Nick Team, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Newest Nick Team
    OP

Newest Nick Team GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2014
    United States
    You don't wanna know. :P
    This error message makes me mad:

[​IMG]
    I need help compiling this. Anyone?

And don't ask me why I am compiling it.

2. nitr8

nitr8 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Isn't "Thumbs.db" a file that windows used in it's old days for folder pictures like image cache? Is that really required for d2x? Look into the Makefile and try removing it temporarily. Maybe the source compiles without any troubles then.

If this file isn't listed inside the Makefile then it may be present inside the source folder. Delete it or better: move it anywhere else. I highly doubt that it's required.

3. EmceeKerser
    This message by EmceeKerser has been removed from public view by Cyan, Jul 4, 2015, Reason: troll.
    Jul 4, 2015
  4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    The makefile doesn't list all files one by one, but uses wildcards to automatically compile and include all files present in the folders.
    I suppose it's the folder where the pictures are stored (sources/data/), because like he said the thumb.db is a thumbnail caching file generated by windows when you display a picture. You can remove this feature in your explorer. I really don't like having random additional files added to my folders. (in winXP: folder>tools>folder options>display tab>don't put thumbnail in cache)

You can delete that file without issue.
    if it was really needed, it's in your package your downloaded and you can find it back without trouble.