Hacking I need help backing up with just rawnand.bin file.

IneedsHelp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

I am semi-new to the scene.
I did a backup of my switch a while back (don't remember which firmware I was on when I did) and I followed a tutorial and got a 30gb restore file named rawnand.bin.

Tonight, I was in the mood to tinker and I went ahead and loaded up Atmosphere for the first time (while in airplane mode, of course).
I used it for about 10 minutes, then I remembered the possibility of being banned and immediately removed the game I installed and rebooted my switch and left the device in airplane mode.

Now, I'm worried... I went searching around my house for the back up I made and I found it.

The only issue now is, after looking through all the folders in the back up, I only found 1 file:
rawnand.bin = 30gb

I popped in the sdcard that I used to load up Atmosphere (using fusee-primary.bin) and there is a folder called Automatic_backups with bin files called BISkey and PRODINFO? (will they be useful?)

I have no idea where to begin restoring my nand, so I can avoid being banned.

Current Switch Firmware is 9.0.1.

If someone can point me towards the right direction, or at least give me a sign of hope, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advanced!

This is the guide I used:

Last edited by IneedsHelp,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need more than just rawnand.bin. you also need boot0 and boot1. Read the link in my sig about downgrading.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello all,

I am semi-new to the scene.
I did a backup of my switch a while back (don't remember which firmware I was on when I did) and I followed a tutorial and got a 30gb restore file named rawnand.bin.

Tonight, I was in the mood to tinker and I went ahead and loaded up Atmosphere for the first time (while in airplane mode, of course).
I used it for about 10 minutes, then I remembered the possibility of being banned and immediately removed the game I installed and rebooted my switch and left the device in airplane mode.

Now, I'm worried... I went searching around my house for the back up I made and I found it.

The only issue now is, after looking through all the folders in the back up, I only found 1 file:
rawnand.bin = 30gb

I popped in the sdcard that I used to load up Atmosphere (using fusee-primary.bin) and there is a folder called Automatic_backups with bin files called BISkey and PRODINFO? (will they be useful?)

I have no idea where to begin restoring my nand, so I can avoid being banned.

Current Switch Firmware is 9.0.1.

If someone can point me towards the right direction, or at least give me a sign of hope, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advanced!

This is the guide I used:

If you have been online since making the NAND backup, and you didn't do anything suspicious while in CFW like installing NSPs, or using homebrew that messes with NAND, do not restore the backup. You will have mismatching logs (logs on NAND won't match what is on Nintendo's servers), which is worse than just leaving it as it is. Atmosphere by itself probably does not leave traces.

IneedsHelp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have been online since making the NAND backup, and you didn't do anything suspicious while in CFW like installing NSPs, or using homebrew that messes with NAND, do not restore the backup. You will have mismatching logs (logs on NAND won't match what is on Nintendo's servers), which is worse than just leaving it as it is. Atmosphere by itself probably does not leave traces.

I installed one NSP... Am I doomed?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well... Should I just get online and see? What would you do?
I would maybe stay offline for now and see if a better method of cleaning the NAND becomes available. Right now I think it makes little difference if you "clean" it or not, it's going to be suspicious either way.
Scratch that.
I would just go online, while keeping an eye out for decently priced "tablet only" for sale on eBay and local sites, to use as a legit system if/when you get banned. But don't buy it yet, in case you don't get banned.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

IneedsHelp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just go online, while keeping an eye out for decently priced "tablet only" for sale on eBay and local sites, to use as a legit system if/when you get banned. But don't buy it yet, in case you don't get banned.

Okay. So what happens when I get banned? Can I no longer get updates? Can I do manual updates? Game updates? Can I still buy games and play it (offline of course)?

I normally don't play online anyway, but i would like to keep the functionality and or/installing updates on games I actually own.

Any light would be greatly appreciated during these quarantine times.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Okay. So what happens when I get banned? Can I no longer get updates? Can I do manual updates? Game updates? Can I still buy games and play it (offline of course)?

I normally don't play online anyway, but i would like to keep the functionality and or/installing updates on games I actually own.

Any light would be greatly appreciated during these quarantine times.
IIRC system updates will still work, pretty much everything else won't. Not sure about game updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario. +1