Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I'm new to WII Hacking
smile.gif

I explain my question shortly:
I have a Wii with firmware 3.3E and I want to install HBC and a softmod for play my backup DVD and no other things. I read to install HBC with BannerBomb and than install NeoGamma. If I install only this 2 application, have I finished my work ?

Thank's !

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a stickied guide in these very forums. You'll need a few more things, and more so, you should have some additional things to protect yourself.

M0rd0r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If I don't have the GC controller .. how can I do ?

Another question .. with my firmware 3.3E I have to update the firmware with Nintendo (with Wi-Fi) or with the WAD downloaded in the guide ?

M0rd0r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, if I don't have o GC controller I can skip the installation of Bootmi in the guide with no problem ?

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bootmii works also with the buttons on the wii.
Bootmii is a backup maker/restorer so you can almost never BRICK!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since you have nothing on your Wii right now, just update your system to 4.1. Then use bannerbomb to install the HBC and bootmii with the hackmii installer. If it tells you you can't install bootmii to boot2 and only can install it as an IOS, then if you don't want to, you don't really have to install bootmii, as the IOS version won't really do much for you. So if that's the case just have the hackmii installer install the HBC and leave.

If you CAN install it to boot2 however, you should do so and then reboot your Wii and the bootmii menu should come up, here you use the power button on your Wii to move right to the 4th icon, hit reset to select it, then select the first icon on that next screen and follow the instructions to make a NAND backup (make sure you have at least about 540MB free on your SD card for it.) Then you can backup the nand.bin file to your PC (and I think there may be a file with your key's on it as well with the beta 0.3 version, haven't tried that myself though)

Then if you don't want the bootmii menu to come up anymore, you can use the bootmii configuration editor (I linked to it in the bootmii section of my guide somewhere). And have that set bootmii to autoboot the system menu and set the bootdelay to however long you want it to stay at the bootmii menu before autobooting.

Then use the Trucha Bug Restorer as explained in the guides to get the Trucha Bug back in IOS36, then run the cIOS rev14 installer and use IOS36 to install it.

Then you can install a NeoGamma R7 channel if you want or just load the app through the HBC if you really don't want to install something else.

That is the minimum you need to play backups and while bootmii is optional, it is HIGHLY recommended to install if it says you can install it to boot2.

To get rid of any of this stuff (for any useless reason), you can restore that NAND backup you made if you had bootmii installed to boot2 and did that at the beginning and then run the hackmii installer again and have that uninstall the HBC and bootmii (note that you would also lose any save game progress or any other changes you made after making that backup as well)

Otherwise, if you didn't install bootmii, you would just uninstall the wad you installed of NeoGamma if you did install one, run dop-IOSv7 and install the latest IOS36 and don't patch the sig hash check or ES_Identify in it, then run AnyTitleDeleter and delete IOS249 and 250 (NOTHING ELSE), then run the hackmii installer again and uninstall the HBC.

sidishere

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah your pretty much done, unless you want be play dvds/movies from a hdd then you may want mplayer ce.
there are plenty more apps out there you will probably want.

M0rd0r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks to all .. I have installed the HBC cIOS v14 and NeoGamma R7.
If in future I will install the BootMii I can follow the guide for nood or I will delete the 3 application installed now ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol