I miss DS Fanboy

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by ausroller, Jul 24, 2009.

Jul 24, 2009

I miss DS Fanboy by ausroller at 5:05 PM (966 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. ausroller
    OP

Newcomer ausroller Member

Australia
    Ever since it became Joystiq Nintendo it just hasn't been the same. There's like 4 DS articles a day and it's just the same news stories I could get anywhere else. I miss the DS Daily articles and the weekly roundups and the GBA coverage. It sounds silly but it was how I kept up with the DS scene. Nowadays I don't know what the big releases are and when they're coming out. So apart from this sob story, does anyone know of any quality sites that have the sort of content I am looking for?

2. hova1

Member hova1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
  3. spiritos

Newcomer spiritos Advanced Member

Israel
    man, where is the "shovelware of the week" articles, and the best of series, ever since they became commercial they can't criticize games anymore, just provide news...meh

4. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    Gonintendo?

Its a site with a lot of news about Nintendo consoles stuff daily, and has a forum/community too.

5. Donato_Dobango

Member Donato_Dobango GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'll go a bit further:

I miss Nintendorks.com. It was one of the sites I would check daily back in the GBA/N64 days. Sure, they update from time to time and the Daily Reader Comments are updated every month or so, but it's not the same.

I also miss DMG-Ice (I think that was the name of it), which was a review site for GB games back in the day. I submitted a few myself, included the weirdest (in their words) review of Pokemon Blue ever. I liked the clean look and the fact that reviews were a simple text file on that site.