I Like Naruto.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, you meant the console *facepalm*
I was thinking of either the car, the animal or an anime I didn't know called Jaguar (although in that case the 'the' wouldn't have made much sense).
But you should at least give a reason like "it has no games that I enjoy", "90% of its library is ports" or "it has shitty specs" or something. (I have no idea about the actual specs and library of the device, mind you)
haha nooo Jaguar cars are awesome!! I have no idea there was an anime called Jaguar :unsure:

in dedicated communities (like gbatemp), people assume you have certain knowledge about some things
all retro gamers knows that the Atari Jaguar is the equivalent of a shit taking a shit... so nobody needs to justify that

it's like if I said: "breathe is good for you", I dont have to explain you why:P

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
all retro gamers knows that the Atari Jaguar is the equivalent of a shit taking a shit... so nobody needs to justify that
Are you trying to say that Baldies, Another World, Cannon Fodder, Aliens vs. Predator, Doom, Dragon's Lair, Myst, Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, Robinson's Requiem, Rayman, Syndicate, Theme Park, Wolfenstein 3D and Worms are bad? Because they're on the Jaguar.

I just got scolded at for saying that the N64 is very meh, I suppose that I can scold at you as well. :tpi:

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
haha nooo Jaguar cars are awesome!! I have no idea there was an anime called Jaguar :unsure:

in dedicated communities (like gbatemp), people assume you have certain knowledge about some things

it's like if I said: "breathe is good for you", I dont have to explain you why:P
Still, when there are people around who have a different opinion it's good to explain your point of view. Also AFAIK there is no anime named Jaguar, but as this thread was originally about anime (more or less) I thought you might have meant that.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Three pages and nobody got the Kung Pow reference?

Thanks a lot for that spoiler, now I know what's coming next in the anime :(
Wait, is it not caught up that far? It happened like 2-3 months ago I think, my bad.

So... you're into JoJo's Bizzare Adventure eh?
I've been wanting to start that. :0
Just keep in mind that the series has no problem with killing people off.

I mean it's no Gantz, but still. People die, and it's not like other series where the death of a character has like 5 chapters/episodes leading up to a heroic sacrifice or something.

but when one can write a trilogy on the faults of Naruto
Try reading up on TVtropes sometimes, and you might be surprised just how many common literary faults are in the average series, and also how many common themes and actions are presented in them.

EDIT: Note to self, apparently some combo involving space makes the forum automatically submit the post...
Continuing where I left off...

WOW Is this thread for real?

We're actually attempting to have a serious discussion about fucking Anime?
but then realized most people wouldn't make it halfway through anyways.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think there's any key combo to make the forum submit posts (just tried) but you may have accidentally done something like Tab (next element is selected, in this case the Post button) - Space (hits the selected link/button). Still, Tab shouldn't work that way when the cursor is inside a textarea. Not in Firefox at least.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The pandering of such BS is really just a platform for hateism or whatever you wish to call it. That sounds a little OTT, but since you did withhold your, uh, psychoanalysis of the problem, then I can't really say how it coincides [or doesn't] with your view on it.

What I'm saying here is that by presenting their opinions as though it were fact and successfully suckering in more people to agree with said 'fact', it gives them a safe refuge [majority rules] to potentially attack [troll, flame, what have you] anyone whose opinion runs counter to their 'fact'. Also, it helps if the people who start spreading said 'fact' are more established [or at the very least visible, or known] members of a community where people don't really know each other [like the Temp].

Then, of course, if said endeavor works, even partially, then the next time they have the opportunity to spring forth their 'fact', they've already got backers. Even locking up a thread rarely stops it, since the majority of the people in the thread who got suckered in, would then attribute that to the people with opposing opinions, because without people attacking their 'fact' with opinions, a torrent of abuse would not be needed [which is, of course, laughable].

This accomplishes two things, really. Establishing said opinion as 'fact' and spreading it out to others, and also fending off dissenting opinions. Basically, this is the reason one can't stop it.

PS

I'd love to read that 'psychoanalysis' of yours.

Reactions: Black-Ice

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6-XeyNMCJw