Hacking i Haven't touched my 3ds in years, i need to update it but im completely lost

BooTheBear

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi there,
so something like 4~5 years ago i got this hand me down new 3ds XL from a friend.
but because of lack of time and because that it has this massive color temperature difference between screens that triggers the heck of my OCD(lol) i barely ever used it. i think i all ever done on it was beat one jrpg and it been in the drawer gathering dust since.

some while ago, i tried to play a newer game on it, and it wouldn't run because i never updated its firmware. it came with a CFW installed, i tried following a guide but all i got was a garbled luma boot screen, i somehow managed to bring it back to what it was before... but then never bothered with it again.

so now that i got lots of free time thanks to isolation, i decided to give it another go.
but i must say I'm even more lost now than few years ago and really afraid of screwing things up and end with a brick. so any help in how to get it to the current state of things or things i should be aware before trying are welcome.

so to sum it up:
-is a new 3ds xl
-afaik it is currently working perfectly
-i know literally nothing that has been done to it before i got it (even my friend says it was someone he knew who messed with it)
-its current firmware version is 11.0.0.33U
-i don't know what launch method it is using, but it takes something like 3~5 seconds on a black screen to boot. I'm aware that newer stuff don't do that.
-booting it up holding select brings me to this screen:
3ds.jpg

-when i tried to use the "luma updater" it has installed it made that boot screen a garbled mess(it would still work tough, but i managed to revert the "update")

any help is appreciated, thanks :)

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi there,
so something like 4~5 years ago i got this hand me down new 3ds XL from a friend.
but because of lack of time and because that it has this massive color temperature difference between screens that triggers the heck of my OCD(lol) i barely ever used it. i think i all ever done on it was beat one jrpg and it been in the drawer gathering dust since.

some while ago, i tried to play a newer game on it, and it wouldn't run because i never updated its firmware. it came with a CFW installed, i tried following a guide but all i got was a garbled luma boot screen, i somehow managed to bring it back to what it was before... but then never bothered with it again.

so now that i got lots of free time thanks to isolation, i decided to give it another go.
but i must say I'm even more lost now than few years ago and really afraid of screwing things up and end with a brick. so any help in how to get it to the current state of things or things i should be aware before trying are welcome.

so to sum it up:
-is a new 3ds xl
-afaik it is currently working perfectly
-i know literally nothing that has been done to it before i got it (even my friend says it was someone he knew who messed with it)
-its current firmware version is 11.0.0.33U
-i don't know what launch method it is using, but it takes something like 3~5 seconds on a black screen to boot. I'm aware that newer stuff don't do that.
-booting it up holding select brings me to this screen:
View attachment 205652

-when i tried to use the "luma updater" it has installed it made that boot screen a garbled mess(it would still work tough, but i managed to revert the "update")

any help is appreciated, thanks :)
https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

BooTheBear

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for the fast reply, but I'm not even sure if it even has a9lh in the first place (afaik it is certainly been modded around the time it showed up).
i would be thankful for any way to figure out what has been done to this 3ds before following any guide

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for the fast reply, but I'm not even sure if it even has a9lh in the first place (afaik it is certainly been modded around the time it showed up).
i would be thankful for any way to figure out what has been done to this 3ds before following any guide
6.6 = a9lh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sodiumchickentirade