I have some simple question.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by felix1988, Jun 15, 2009.

Jun 15, 2009
  1. felix1988
    OP

Newcomer felix1988 Member

Singapore
    hi guys,

sorry this question maybe simple( or to some its a newbie que) i have been googling and searching forum like afterdawn maxconsole and this very forum. i came across "Wii Softmodding for Dummies V3 - All in one" and i read it and understand the steps. but there is really a fact tt is confusing me. i came across 1 thread which one guy mentioned that. even with a LU35 serial no. wii. its diff from set to set. it may happen tt 1 LU35 wii can be softmod with the other 1 can't.

i am thinking of getting a second hand wii , so before i pay for the wii i need to know whether i can soft mod it, if i cant soft mod it do i able to hardmod it. the set like wat i said , comes with a LU35 serial no. & its on 3.1U ver. the 1st owner bought this in sept '08 in singapore ( just for info i m from SG too). i m glady hoping for a reply from a experienced mod-er. if u're uncertain about the ans pls don add on to my confusion. thanks in advanced!

2. natemckn

Member natemckn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    All Wii are softmoddable, some are just more difficult than others. The new ones that are coming out right now, Serial number LU64+ are the most difficult. Ones made in later 2008, do not have a boot1 exploit so bootmii cannot be installed. LU35 should allow you to follow this tutorial, but it is impossible to tell whether or not you can install bootmii until you try, if it cant be installed, no harm done. If it is installed, you have a practically brickproof wii

3. felix1988
    OP

Newcomer felix1988 Member

Singapore
    WOW thanks for the enlightenment! . now i shall shall be able to proceed , and follow the direction u gave . thanks natemckn. [​IMG]