Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
podunk1269 said:
the cyclo has ar built into it and you can download an updater,

Still no one awnsered my question. Slot 2 card that works with cyclo and takes it's own memory not the card on the cyclos?

IIRC any slot-2 cart will work with the Cyclo as the Cyclo has a built-in passme function.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
TheWingless said:
The EZ 3in1 can hold 1 game on its NOR memory(though I believe I saw a really old homebrew that let you write 2 if it fit). The EWin cannot hold a game. I think works like the RAM in the EZ 3in1. The rest of your GBA games stay on the slot 1 microSD.

Oh, that's right. I forgot about the EZ3in1's NOR memory. So what's the advantage of storing a single game on the slot2 cart?

If you write to the NOR memory, you can load it immediately from the slot 2 option until you delete it or write over it with another game, but it's a lot slower to write to compared to the PSRAM. The EWin only has RAM to write to so it can't hold a game. Another advantage(only applies to the GBA sized ones) is that you can plug it into your old GBA(SP) and play multiplayer games. The last one is that you can migrate Pokemon (R4+EZ3in1/Cyclo+EZ3in1/etc), but some slot 1 carts added this to their previous generation cards.

QUOTE(gizmo_gal @ Apr 14 2008, 12:06 PM)
Okay wait a second here, I've got a DS PHAT. So I dont think there is an eWin in production that fits my model of the DS, right?

Should I just go for a EZ 3 in 1?

If you only have a Phat DS, then the only choice w/o modifications with the Phat version of the EZ 3in1, which is hard to find. It is recommended you get it from here: http://www.realhotstuff.com/expansion-pack-size-p-212.html They should have it for sure.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't play GBA games that often, so maybe I'm missing something. It takes a long time to copy the game to the slow NOR memory (I've heard several minutes to write a larger game). Presumably it reads much faster, but it only takes like 4 or 5 seconds to load up the game from the slot1 cart anyway, so I'm not sure I see a big advantage there.

-Bri

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
I don't play GBA games that often, so maybe I'm missing something. It takes a long time to copy the game to the slow NOR memory (I've heard several minutes to write a larger game). Presumably it reads much faster, but it only takes like 4 or 5 seconds to load up the game from the slot1 cart anyway, so I'm not sure I see a big advantage there.

-Bri
I'm usually pretty good at following strings of a topic but this one lost me early on. I'm having a lot of trouble concentrating today so I'm gonna reread this again tomorrow, hopefully it'll make more sense then *yawn*

I think I'm just going to go with the EZ flash V (Is it a "V" or a roman numeral?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey