i have a confession

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by nukeboy95, Feb 17, 2013.

Feb 17, 2013

i have a confession by nukeboy95 at 6:40 AM (1,850 Views / 0 Likes) 46 replies

1. nukeboy95
    OP

Member nukeboy95 Leave luck to heaven.

United States
    iv never play final

soo starting today im gonna (try) to play every final fantasy

2. RedCoreZero

Banned RedCoreZero Creativity is Power

United States
    Omg,have fun playing these boring game trying to level up 80% of the time.

3. Chary

Reporter Chary GBAtemp's #1 Naoto

pip
    United States
    Alright, see you in 5 years.

4. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
  5. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Which one are you gonna try first?

6. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Can't forget Chocobo Racing, man - it's essential!

GameWinner, gamefan5, Qtis and 2 others like this.
  7. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Play Crisis Core. It totally doesn't have shit gameplay.

8. RodrigoDavy

Member RodrigoDavy GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    People may say I'm biased but start by playing Final Fantasy VII. Blocky graphics aside, it has the best story ever, great music and it doesn't require leveling up so bad (unless you want to defeat the "Weapons" which is pretty useless anyway).

FF VIII is good, great story and a little romance, but be prepared to waste a long time in battle because you need to absorb magic from your oponent, it's not just one time for each magic, it's like 30 times and there are like 50 types of magic in this game and as you play the magic you have becomes useless... frustating....

FF V is good, but it's been a long time since I played it, so I don't remember it well...

FF XII uses a battling system where you can still walk and run through the scenario while attacking monster. It's interesting, but I didn't want to finish this game.

Don't know if you only mean the main series, but Final Fantasy Tactics is really cool too. Give it a try!

9. tatripp

Member tatripp GBAtemp Fan

United States
    just play final fantasy VI and skip all the other ones. you may want to try one of the tactics games too.

NahuelDS likes this.
  10. loco365

Member loco365 GBAtemp Guru

VI is really good and it and has a decent difficulty curve. VII is also pretty good, as well as IV which has had the life ported out of it.

11. Just Another Gamer

Member Just Another Gamer 星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy

Australia
    I would start with 1, 2 and 3 since it doesn't have much of a story and is mostly there for the gameplay.

If you want a good story play 4, 6 and 7 since it actually has good stories and characters and after that just skip all the crap that is 8 to 13 and play Tactics and the spin offs since they're actually worth the time and effort.

12. RodrigoDavy

Member RodrigoDavy GBAtemp Maniac

Brazil
    Forgot to mention, if you play Final Fantasy Tactics choose the Playstation or the PSP version. It's the first and best version, the gba and the DS version felt boring to me. Maybe I need a second opinion?

BAHIM Z 360 likes this.
  13. Just Another Gamer

Australia
    No your right the GBA and DS games weren't that good compared to the original Tactics. Also I prefer the PS1 game cause I heard they redid the difficulty in the PSP one and made it easier.

RodrigoDavy likes this.
  14. porkiewpyne

Member porkiewpyne Report-er

Australia
    That one really is da bomb. And I am not being sarcastic. And neither was the previous sentence or this one for that matter.

No, seriously. One of my top childhood games.

15. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Whatever you do, make sure he avoids the PSX and GBA versions. The PSX version had reduced sound quality and long load times and the GBA version had a crap load of audio/graphic glitches. The SNES version reigns supreme.

16. BAHIM Z 360

Member BAHIM Z 360 B-but I'm not a new member :(

Bahrain
    Play all of them plus Final Fantasy Tactics except FF11,FF13 or any of the spin-off

17. loco365

Member loco365 GBAtemp Guru

I have to agree. Unless you get the sound restoration patches. But SNES >>>>>>>> all

18. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    Been playing the PSN (PSX) version of FFV on my PSVita and I don't really mind the load times that much. Sure they're there, but the sound quality is superb and the game looks great (plus it's portable!). Great game. Also have FFI, FII and FFIV:CC (+War of the Lions) for PSP and FFV, FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII and FFIX from PSN (PSX) on my PSVita and will be playing them on the machine during my buss rides to Uni/Work. Great time killers! FFV is around 17 hours now for me and I'm probably not 50% done yet. Good old dungeon crawling :)

As for the other games, I'd go for all the PSX games and FFXII. FFXIII was different and not like the others, but not a bad game (XIII-2 is actually quite a bit better they say, still haven't gotten into XIII yet). FFX/X-2 is fanservice, but apparently quite a good game system (yet again, still waiting to play it, but haven't had time to play if it's not portable).

19. Foxhounder

Banned Foxhounder Banned

United States
    If you want to play 4 I suggest the PSP version. Or the DS 3D remake. I have beaten 1-8, didn't feel like beating 9.

20. Just Another Gamer

Australia
    Even with the sound restoration patch it still doesn't sound and feel quite as good as the SNES game sadly plus the text is horrible and barely readable. Been playing the SNES game on my PSP and I love it more.

Mate the Anthology FF games has horrendous loading times and your better off getting the SNES or later remakes since they've been fixed and honestly if you want an extremely linear game that for 20 hours is running down hallways also meeting extemely stale and boring characters that a 5 year old would've written then by all means get XIII and XIII-2 but I would just ditch that and get Type-0 since its still part of the XIII franchise but its a little better.