OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Eb games is stupid...
Ok, I go in to trade in 10 games to get an Xbox 360 for $50 and guess what, the deal is gone!!
I was going to waste 50 bucks and give them 10 $12 games, but no there's a stupid PS3 deal which I don't even want instead
And they like to exclude canada from their dexoys event.......

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Should have went in earlier...
wink.gif

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do they have a list of the games they want? Or can it be any random game? What about the console fo the games?

I never tried those events so I'm not quite sure.
tongue.gif

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FaRReR said:
EB Games in Australia isn't that bad, they had Metroid Fusion secondhand for $12 (which is insanely insanely cheap for Australia)

Err yeah they are. They are freaking terrible, they charge the maximum prices they can on all games, and although they will price match they moan and groan every time.

Their second hand games are also usually rediculously overpriced, I saw them selling Halo3 second hand without the box for something like $75AUD. When the same game can be bought for under $70 brand new everywhere!

I never buy my games from EB or GAME, I always go to places like BigW, Target or JB Hifi, usually $30-$40 cheaper on brand new games, and a load more cheaper on older games.

Mida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EB are alright for certain things. I have purchased and returned a game for another no less then 15 times all without one comment from staff. At least you can swap no questions asked which means I was able to get 15 for the price of one (made backups) and then finally kept the game I actually wanted. That works out cheaper then hiring the games from my local video store and all discs are in new condition unlike the video store. That might be all EB are good for but I say take advantage of it.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think you can trade in ANY 10 games.
I saw a fine print saying "NDS, PSP, PS3, 360, Wii games only" (PS2 could have been there, not sure)

360 for $50 with 10 games traded in is like $20 a game (unless that offer specifically said Pro, in that case it's $25)

Heck, there's someone buying Mario Striker Charged for $25 on craigslist.
I'm not sure if EB is willing to buy back 12 month old game for $25, or make it count towards their offer.

If you trade in 10 DS games though, that sounds about right.

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
I once saw Twilight Princess for Gamecube for full price when the wii version was like $30 cheaper. I also remember when i bought Pokemon firered like opening week. I traded my 1 week old preowned Pokemon ruby in (didnt save) plus $10 dollars which equaled $60. New the game was $70 but Mr Toys, Toy World sold it for $60 so i price matched, you know what they did? Rang up the Mr Toys incase they were out of stock so they had an excuse to not price match it.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sir-Fritz said:
Rang up the Mr Toys incase they were out of stock so they had an excuse to not price match it.

One time my girlfriend got about $70 off from Future Shop for her $200 digital camera, because the exact same model and color was on sale at a Staples near my place.
We visited Staples after she bought the camera. So to present to Futureshop for price-match, we asked Staples employee if they had any stock, got their business card, took a photo of that price card with her camera.
Oddly enough, Futureshop just saw the photo and refunded ~$70. No calling Staples or visiting their website IIRC.

On another occasion, Future Shop matched and 10% more off from Best Buy's flyer.

Seems kinda off-topic, but I've never experienced actually-calling-to-confirm-stock.
I'm just presenting how Future Shop does it, so that EB in AU looks worse
tongue.gif

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
eb games = gay. i was going to buy bioshock for PC there with their sale on for $20 off. it came to 69.99, i went to jb hifi afterwards i saw bioshock there, normal price for $65.

I got given NFS: most wanted and NFS: carbon that i got given by a friend when i bought his DS. they wouldn't take it instead they offered a deal. trade 3 games get GH:OT for $20. NFS: most wanted had been played. NFS: carbon was unopened still in seal. So i went and sold them to JB-hifi.

Lukeage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Incomplete said:
eb games = gay. i was going to buy bioshock for PC there with their sale on for $20 off. it came to 69.99, i went to jb hifi afterwards i saw bioshock there, normal price for $65.

I got given NFS: most wanted and NFS: carbon that i got given by a friend when i bought his DS. they wouldn't take it instead they offered a deal. trade 3 games get GH:OT for $20. NFS: most wanted had been played. NFS: carbon was unopened still in seal. So i went and sold them to JB-hifi.

I laughed when I saw their end of finacial year sale this year. In previous years they've usually had some ok 2 for $50 or other deals and there is the odd thing I've picked up. This year though, 90% of the stuff that was on sale was still more expensive than what other places (BigW, Kmart, JBs) sell them for normally.

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
Their 2 for $50 deals are gay, their mostly shit ware. Even though i hate ebgames so much its still where the majority of my games were bought as seeing as i don't buy games very often the times i do buy are good preowned games i just happen to see their.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i just remembered. i was looking at prices for supreme commander. you could buy surpreme commander by itself for 50, the expansion and original for 80 or both expansion, original along with dawn of war and winter assualt for 80. made me lulz.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would know what to pick, because PS3 is better then Xbox360
Just don't say it is not because it is

littlestevie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Incomplete said:
i just remembered. i was looking at prices for supreme commander. you could buy surpreme commander by itself for 50, the expansion and original for 80 or both expansion, original along with dawn of war and winter assualt for 80. made me lulz.

wait what?
wacko.gif
EB games are at it again?

just last week i brought an xbox1 with mechassult preowned for $82.

which was funny because they had a pack, pre-owned xbox extra controller and 1 preowned game for $130
i got the extra controller seperate and all up it cost me $92 (so $10 for the controller)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1