Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My boy friend Mike works at WalMart, something not a lot of people know unless they know me personally. Still since he's been working there I noticed how much I started to hate the store in my town and how it treats their employees.
For example, near the end of September my great grandfather died, he asked the manger if he could have the day off so he could come with me to the funeral and you know what the bitch told him, "You should have scheduled that last week." And then told him he couldn't have the day off. Now I know he isn't family, but how could you say that about another person's death? He was able to get some time off, but not the day luckily there was a nice manger there who wasn't a middle age bitch.

Then something more recent. Mike had asked at the end of August to get from December 13th to December 23rd off so we could fly down and see his family in Indiana. They waited till the end of November till yet again the same bitch to tell him he couldn't get the days off. So he had to find the head manger to talk to him to get the days off. He was able the days off last week, sadly that wasn't the pay week and he had to wait all the way till this week only for the tickets to climb over 300$ overnight. Now some could say "But that's not Wal-Marts fault" And I say, bullshit it's not. He asked for those days off at the end of August, they didn't have to wait till the end of November to tell him if he could get those days off. They had plenty of time in those 3 months to schedule shit out. They waited till after Black Friday when everyone knows that travelling is expensive.

This is not the first time the Wal-Mart in my town has mistreated their employees either. Not to mention our Wal-Mart has been in trouble for mistreating their employees and has been noted for their poor management. I am not sure how different this is from the rest of the world, but I just needed to rant about it.

Megane

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Everyone hates Walmart but everyone goes anyway so...
They don't care
tongue.gif

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Megane said:
Everyone hates Walmart but everyone goes anyway so...
They don't care
tongue.gif
I only go to pick Mike up from work and glare at his manger if she even tries to talk to him when I am there.
She has tried to bitch at him when he was off the clock

Megane

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The manager must not be that bad, try giving her a chance and talk to her.
Maybe she's a cool person after all, and you could be friend instend of being two bitches staring at each other.
That would be a nice end if every character of your story become friend after all those troubles.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I ripped them off once and I'll probably do it again

the hinge on my ds lite broke so I bought a brand new one, replaced it with my broken one, than I returned it for my money back
I just peeled off the serial number, incase they ask any questions, they never look and if they did I just say my kid like peeling stickers.
my DS was alway kept clean so they didn't even know it was used..

so yeah, fuck walmart..I don't really like them either, and I do sleep better at night knowing what I did and will do again

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Megane said:
The manager must not be that bad, try giving her a chance and talk to her.
Maybe she's a cool person after all, and you could be friend instend of being two bitches staring at each other.
That would be a nice end if every character of your story become friend after all those troubles.
Great advice, sadly not true. She is just as bad as one would think. She is the mass-produced middle-aged women who watches way too much life time, that is in every workplace. You know who she is and know she is there.

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, WalMart does this to all its employees throughout the country. It purposely hires only a limited number of workers. Its employees do more work than they are supposed to and paid at the lowest wages possible. For example, they will make them work overtime without overtime wages. They can do this because they have a limited number of workers, so they could fire anyone without worries since there are always people looking for work, and thus, for the people already there, being underpaid and overworked becomes the standard to follow because if they don’t follow it someone else is willing to.

WalMart gives us an illusion of low prices, but in reality the low prices come from the exploitation of employees and government subsidies. Not to mention that WalMart is the main gateway for China products, and workers there are paid cents a day, so something that costs WalMart 28 cents to make can be sold at $14.96.

em2241992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most individuals go to Wal-mart simply because of the affordability. A lot of people, including myself, rely on Wal-mart, because theirs or their family's income is low. It is sickening that employees are being treated like they are unimportant, but that is business and politics as usual.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Wal-Mart, to me, is legendary. I was happy to step in the Wal-Mart of Canada for cheap products but I cant believe they treat their workers like shit. OH MY.

Still, I will have my grudge on Wal-Mart on your behalf but can I please buy somethig from them but I will put your feelings in my heart.

OH MY!!! I cant decided on what to do. Hate 'em or like 'em?

I dont have anythin useful to say. So Im sorry to what you are feeling right now.

Condolence to your great-grandpa

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like Walmart is partnering with DHS aka big brother to tell people to spy on and report their neighbors "suspicious" activity to government officials so we can be just like the old Soviet Union. "Suspicious activity" what the fuck is that supposed to mean anyway? is that the guy with a Ron Paul for president sticker on his truck? I really don't think you need a PSA for people to report a young middle eastern or north African male sweating bullets and trying to light his underwear on fire but thanks for reminding me Walmart+Big Brother.

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
em2241992 said:
Most individuals go to Wal-mart simply because of the affordability. A lot of people, including myself, rely on Wal-mart, because theirs or their family's income is low. It is sickening that employees are being treated like they are unimportant, but that is business and politics as usual.
Are you making an excuse for Walmart? Or is it for you to continue shopping there?
Wal-Mart costs taxpayers $1,557,000,000 to support its employees. Not including City-given subsidies and tax abatements for opening new Walmart stores. That includes:
- nationwide: $1.008 billion
- pulls revenue away from communities
- build Walmart on subsidies and tax abatements and leave once it's time to pay, thus leaving communities financially broke.
*Currently, in the US there are 26,699,678 sq feet of empty Walmarts.

QUOTE(Pliskron @ Dec 12 2010, 09:27 AM) Looks like Walmart is partnering with DHS aka big brother to tell people to spy on and report their neighbors "suspicious" activity to government officials so we can be just like the old Soviet Union. "Suspicious activity" what the fuck is that supposed to mean anyway? is that the guy with a Ron Paul for president sticker on his truck? I really don't think you need a PSA for people to report a young middle eastern or north African male sweating bullets and trying to light his underwear on fire but thanks for reminding me Walmart+Big Brother. *snip
lol Did you know that most Walmart crimes occur in the parking lot? You would think all those security cameras would make it secure, but as it turns out they are only there to keep an eye on its employees.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not taking walmarts side but typically they discourage employees taking off from black friday thru January 2nd because of the holiday rush. Your boyfriend should consider himself lucky to have gotten off at all. I only know this because my wife is a dept. Manager for a local walmart store and even she was given shit because she needed off for a doctors appointment. Walmart may be a decent place to shop but I would discourage anyone from looking at it as a place of employment.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Working in retail is only really good if you're in a small store. I work for WHSmiths which is a big chain of newsagents/bookstores/stationers (we basically do everything especially around Christmas) and while its a big company I get on fine because its a small store where I know everybody that works there.
If I was working in a big supermarket (like Walmart) I'd have a differnet manager every other day, only know a few people who are working there etc. so it would be an entirely different ball game trying to get along fine.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
The sooner you figure out it's not just Wal-mart that does this shit, the better.

You would be better off not working retail altogether, because lets face it, they dont hire managers because they're nice.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So... he got all the time off he wanted? Why do you hate Wal-Mart then? Because one employee is a dick?

And he should consider himself lucky he got the days in December off. I work in retail, and we have a blackout from Black Friday until mid January, where you can't book any time off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto