Hardware I gots a GBM :D

bigsid05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sc4rFac3d said:
So, I'm having troubles with the saving. Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga refuses to save and Mario World disappears after turning the Micro off. I used to software so I can't imagine why it won't save.

Mario World and its corresponding save file need to have a shorter file name (as does Mario Advance 4). You can do this manually in windows explorer, just make sure to name them both the same thing.

Mario & Luigi works fine for me without doing anything. I removed the '&' from the filename though just in case so that may have made a difference.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
bigsid05 said:
Sc4rFac3d said:
So, I'm having troubles with the saving. Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga refuses to save and Mario World disappears after turning the Micro off. I used to software so I can't imagine why it won't save.

Mario World and its corresponding save file need to have a shorter file name (as does Mario Advance 4). You can do this manually in windows explorer, just make sure to name them both the same thing.

Mario & Luigi works fine for me without doing anything. I removed the '&' from the filename though just in case so that may have made a difference.
Oh of course. Forgot about that. Hopefully that will also fix mario world. Thanks man!

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ah, I've been after the Mother 3 Deluxe box for ever. I finally find a new one for only US$200 (you can forget me telling you where, I won't. I'm evil. But it's probably gone now anyway). Now that I've finally found it, I can't afford it, because I went beefing up the rest of my action figure and gaming collection. Damn it. This e-reader thing is just SO addictive... But I really want a Game Boy Micro. They are so cool. I've played one before, but they ARE tiny, I'll admit. I just wish they have a longer life. In fact, Nintendo, reissue them (and give us some new e-reader cards, too. I love the e-reader. I can't help it. It's more addictive than Assassin's Creed II. Okay, that's pushing it).

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
TCJJ said:
Ah, I've been after the Mother 3 Deluxe box for ever. I finally find a new one for only US$200 (you can forget me telling you where, I won't. I'm evil. But it's probably gone now anyway). Now that I've finally found it, I can't afford it, because I went beefing up the rest of my action figure and gaming collection. Damn it. This e-reader thing is just SO addictive... But I really want a Game Boy Micro. They are so cool. I've played one before, but they ARE tiny, I'll admit. I just wish they have a longer life. In fact, Nintendo, reissue them (and give us some new e-reader cards, too. I love the e-reader. I can't help it. It's more addictive than Assassin's Creed II. Okay, that's pushing it).

LOL you want to sell your whole gaming collection for a gameboy micro, that is completely insane! the gba sp do the same thing and they are cheaper! don't loose sleep over it! i never brought one because i didn't need one, don't be silly!

sn0wfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i had wanted to get a GBM when i saw GBA game cart prices.. then i went to look on amazon and its $160, dam more than a brand new DS
laugh.gif

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
jalaneme said:
TCJJ said:

LOL you want to sell your whole gaming collection for a gameboy micro, that is completely insane! the gba sp do the same thing and they are cheaper! don't loose sleep over it! i never brought one because i didn't need one, don't be silly!

I most certainly would not sell my whole game collection to buy a GameBoy Micro. I never even suggested that. I Have a GBA SP, but I am a collector, therefore I WANT a Micro. They aren't identical - they are quite different. I like the Micro, and I want one for myself. I don't care if they are expensive, because when the time is right, I will be able to buy one. I'm not loosing any sleep over it though, and I'm not being silly. Just because you don't want one, doesn't mean I don't.
By the way, if you need a game console, then you're a loser. No one should NEED video games. You can survive without them. I don't need a GBM, or a GBA SP, or a DS, but I have the latter two, and I want a GameBoy Micro. Big whoop. Get over it.

Liink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone. Just picked up a blue gameboy micro (blue faceplate but seems to be a black console, is this standard?) for $15 AUD! BARGAIN! 2 Games and charger as well, couldn't ask for much better! Waiting for it in the mail now but the pictures show that the faceplate is looking fairly used, few scratches and wear around the buttons, just hope the console itself isn't too bad! Hoping to clean up this console a bit so does anyone know of any online sellers where i could pick up some decent faceplates? The odds of finding them in an Australian store or Nintendo AU is pretty unlikely. Theres been a bit of talk in this thread about it but some date back to around a year ago, so anyone had any luck recently?
Looking forward to using this with my M3 Mini-SD adapter - do these adapters fit flush in the micro system?
This one:
m3_mini_sd_official_res.jpg

Is this the same as the translucent one seen a few pages back - they all look the same to me...

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Liink said:
Hey everyone. Just picked up a blue gameboy micro (blue faceplate but seems to be a black console, is this standard?) for $15 AUD! BARGAIN! 2 Games and charger as well, couldn't ask for much better! Waiting for it in the mail now but the pictures show that the faceplate is looking fairly used, few scratches and wear around the buttons, just hope the console itself isn't too bad! Hoping to clean up this console a bit so does anyone know of any online sellers where i could pick up some decent faceplates? The odds of finding them in an Australian store or Nintendo AU is pretty unlikely. Theres been a bit of talk in this thread about it but some date back to around a year ago, so anyone had any luck recently?
Looking forward to using this with my M3 Mini-SD adapter - do these adapters fit flush in the micro system?
This one:
m3_mini_sd_official_res.jpg

Is this the same as the translucent one seen a few pages back - they all look the same to me...

You could try eBay - I've seen them on there. Otherwise, just search around on the internet when you have some spare time. Sometimes I do that when I need things. It may take a while, but even if you find something way out of your price range, you might get a few ideas of what to look for and where to look for it.

As for the adapter - I believe they are bigger than a standard GBA cartridge, which would been that they stick out of the Micro too, but I'm not sure. They should still plug in and work fine, though.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Tanas said:
Nathan576 said:
Am I the only supercard fan here?
There's probably quite a few fans here of the worst gba flashcard ever to be released

I have a Supercard Lite in my DSL.

Is it the worst cart ever created? It loads every game I have wanted to play (except Advance Wars 2, which AFAIK doesn't work on any flashcart) with no problem, no slowdowns, no lost saves -- what else is there? What makes this cart so awful? Am I missing something?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
It uses a slow SDRAM, which has a slow clock speed need for most games. Most of those games are those that require alot of movement or sprites where this issue is visible. It is easly noticable in games like gradius galaxies on hard mode. Other than that turn based games where movement is minimal, it is next to not noticable. The M3 perfect/pro are also affected by the use of SDRAM, they fix this mostly through patching the game in either hardware mode 1 or 2. It doesn't remove all of the issues but is less pronounced.

It more like the least used of the lot than the worst flashcart.

Pocketheaven documentation on the slowdown issues with the supercard is here:
http://www.pocketheaven.com/ph/wiki/SupercardGBASlowdowns

Also covers ways of mostly fixing the issues.

defor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Liink said:

See my previous post in this thread. I own this card in a blue gray (transparent) plastic - M3 Perfect Mini-SD (not PRO version!). It's the same as the model on your photo. It is a great GBA card. I belive it is the best you can get nowadays (comparing to Supercard and EZ-Flash IV) -- no ROM patching (if you do not need any additional functions), real-time save, real-time clock, 100% compatibility, no slow-downs. Older ones (e.g. EZ-Flash III, EFA Linker, ...) were possibly even better but they are hard to find now.
Btw. as you can see on my photos it perfectly fits into GBA Micro.
Hope this helps you.

IgiveUgas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woohoo! I just wanted to "join the club" in owning a GBM. Picked mine up yesterday (black with silver faceplate) and it is very sexy! Looking forward to playing some games on this.
yay.gif

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Me too!!
gbasp.gif

I bought a Japanese Famicom version from ebay, it wasn't cheap but totally worth it!
It's so pretty that i don't really want to touch it.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Because the Micro is just that awesome. It's a system that did far better after being buried by the manufacturer so I guess a back-from-the-dead thread suits it just fine
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/4l3lyXcUDkI?feature=shared&t=43