Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
whoa, cool.
FireEmblemGuy said:
I picked one up for about $30 USD new last summer and for a while it was one of the best gaming purchases I'd made - sleek with the glossy black front and such a nice screen - but eventually I sold mine as I stopped playing my handhelds so much. If it weren't for the lack of GB/C compatibility, it'd probably have been the best GBA hands down.
mostly the same, but I just picked it up a few months ago. At my work there are long periods where we really don't do anything, so I picked up one of these and Fire Emblem and began playing that at work. When anyone of authority came around, I tossed it into my shirt pocket. It was awesome. B)

At work when I take it out, EVERYONE wants to know what it is. They've seen the DS and the GBA SP, but never a Micro. it's funny, really.
It's even funnier with the older staff, though. They take it from me and are poking the screen with their thumb like that expect it to do anything.
Then I'm shouting about it >:

But yeah I'm also in the same boat as you guys. I got a nice Micro faceplate from Nintendo for like $7.50, but my problem now is that the battery on the Micro only lasts like 3 hours (obv. 'coz it's used - the original buyer must have played the shit out of it) and now I'm looking for a replacement. I've seen an third party OEM-compatible battery that was actually longer-lasting than Nintendo's but I really don't trust any battery-purchase sites with my credit card.

Anyone know where I could pick up a nice Micro battery from a trusted seller? :V

EDIT: Actually I'd check the battery myself to see which one I should purchase from somewhere like ebay; but could one of you guys be awesome and unscrew the battery compartment for the micro and show me the battery? I want to be like as OEM as possible
tongue.gif

Nollie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Defor your GBM looks nothing short of awesome.
I am now very tempted to shell out £7.95 for a faceplate officially from Nintendo tomorrow.
Still very annoyed I can't find any cheaper faceplates anywhere.

Also on the battery issue; I'm also quite interested in purchasing a battery, though would need the triple headed screwdriver as well and decent tutorial.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Avoid anything branded "Competion Pro"/ Powerplay; I found some clear plastic faceplates in one of their accessory packs, and they're a terrible fit on the GBM. Half of the other stuff in the pack was useless too, but let's not go there.

There are some very nice sticker-skins out there for the Micro, but you'd need a trashy or scratched up plate to stick them on.

Poundland does clearance accessories for old consoles sometimes, they've only got silicone skins in my local one atm but they did have some nasty looking Logic-3 faceplates sometime last year, kinda regret not grabbing those when I saw them.

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll throw in some GBM love too. I have an all black one (pics somewhere...) with a Supercard MiniSD. I got the card from DX for $15 or something rediculous, and it plays almost everything. I love the Micro, though sometimes my hands get a little cramped. Only slightly though.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had a silverbody-blackfaceplate micro, for like...over two years now. Love it. Used to use a supercard minisd until my brother stole it, now i use an efa-linker.

viva la micro!

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Opium said:
Congrats on the purchase Veho!

I picked up a second hand Micro about two months ago for $AU50. Not too bad. It had a few nicks and scratches on it but I got a replacement screen direct from Nintendo and now it's perfect
smile.gif
They're really hard to find nowadays.

Here's some pics of it. I use if with my favourite GBA flashcard of all time, the EZ-Flash 3!

gbmicro1.jpg

gbmicro2.jpg

gbmicro3.jpg
Nice, I picked up a similar one new on ebay from around $60 shipped. I hadn't seen that color in the US, and the seller said it was a Japanese import. The color says blue on the box but its more of a light purple color.
9licg7.jpg

TCRe

Bright Studios
Trophies
XP
Country
The Micro is a great console I have 2 and me and my g/f are always playing them they really should have sold better than they did.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
NICE, good thing this thread exists! By coincidence I just got one myself 4 days ago. If you're a gadget whore this thing is amazing, I wish I had it sooner. Ah well, at least I got it 20 bucks cheap! Just looking for a decent and cheap flashcard now

What's this about replacement parts though? Is it required because they die out or something? I was thinking of custom painting the shell since I have a screwdriver anyway.

blueskies said:
I'll throw in some GBM love too. I have an all black one (pics somewhere...) with a Supercard MiniSD. I got the card from DX for $15 or something rediculous, and it plays almost everything. I love the Micro, though sometimes my hands get a little cramped. Only slightly though.Yeah, I was thinking of this but aren't they notorious for bad clones? (edit, ordered the EZ IV, might as well hope it out since it's so cheap)

QUOTE(Psyfira @ Oct 25 2009, 06:47 PM) There are some very nice sticker-skins out there for the Micro, but you'd need a trashy or scratched up plate to stick them on.
This could also be a possibility but if you have to sandpaper it anyway, might as well spraypaint it over

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sc4rFac3d said:
Yeah, I was thinking of this but aren't they notorious for bad clones? (edit, ordered the EZ IV, might as well hope it out since it's so cheap)
I bought my EZ IV from Dealextreme, it is an amazing piece of hardware, well built, works, you'll love it.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Sc4rFac3d said:
What's this about replacement parts though? Is it required because they die out or something?
Nope, I think they were just talking about the faceplates. Some people are worried about getting scratches but they're really tough. Mine's spent 2 years chucked in the bottom of my bag in the black felt pouch it comes with and hasn't picked up a single scratch.
smile.gif
But some second-hand units can be a bit beat up, probably depends how much care you take of your stuff. Or if you keep your keys in the same pocket.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Psyfira said:
Sc4rFac3d said:
What's this about replacement parts though? Is it required because they die out or something?Nope, I think they were just talking about the faceplates. Some people are worried about getting scratches but they're really tough. Mine's spent 2 years chucked in the bottom of my bag in the black felt pouch it comes with and hasn't picked up a single scratch.
smile.gif
But some second-hand units can be a bit beat up, probably depends how much care you take of your stuff. Or if you keep your keys in the same pocket.
Heh, I learned that key thing the hard way with my phone.

Cool beans about the thing being tough, the shoulder buttons are a bit weak though, might be just my unit. Back is also pretty scratched up but I don't really look at it anyway. So far I've played some Mario games and Golden Sun on it, those classics never tire! I also tried Street Fighter II and noticed the thing isn't really made for fast paced fighters
unsure.gif
. Good thing GBA doesn't have much of those.

Todderbert said:
QUOTE(Sc4rFac3d @ Nov 20 2009, 04:25 AM)
Yeah, I was thinking of this but aren't they notorious for bad clones? (edit, ordered the EZ IV, might as well hope it out since it's so cheap)
I bought my EZ IV from Dealextreme, it is an amazing piece of hardware, well built, works, you'll love it.
Nice! Can't wait till it's here. Never had a GBA flashcart with 16000 Mbit before, well SD card haha!

IceRentoraa29

Don't get in between a kid and his ice cream cone.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, I'm not really hurting for a GBA flash card right now (not when I have 2 EZ Flash 4s (one Phat and one Lite Deluxe), an EZ Flash 3-in-1, a crappy Elink, and a Supercard SD if you want to count that) but you better believe if I ever get the chance to get another EZ Flash 3 I'll be on it like white on rice
laugh.gif
)

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
IceRentoraa29 said:
Nah, I'm not really hurting for a GBA flash card right now (not when I have 2 EZ Flash 4s (one Phat and one Lite Deluxe), an EZ Flash 3-in-1, a crappy Elink, and a Supercard SD if you want to count that) but you better believe if I ever get the chance to get another EZ Flash 3 I'll be on it like white on rice
laugh.gif
)
That good huh? What makes it better over the EZ Flash 4? Apart from RTC that is

defor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how_do_i_do_that said:
RTS, on the EZ-Flash III it is called instant save. The PSRAM is faster than that of the EZ-Flash IV. It also has multi-rom mode for the NOR.

And with the external reader/writer, you can also dump any game you want or write a save to a retail game.

Hello, could you please write what's the difference between EZ-Flash III and M3 Perfect MiniSD according to their functionality / features etc.? I heard that EZ-Flash III is by far the best card for GBA. How M3 stands against it?
I've got M3 and it is very well working card. However its real-time-save isn't perfect. In many games it causes sprites to dissapear (Ninja Cop, Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, ...). I also dislike navigation speed in its file selection screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @GhostLatte approves