Hacking I got bricked

Urisis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried to downgrade firmware with muduro I downloaded the wrong type of firmware and got into a perma loop of trying to update it and then failing I then entered safe mode but all I can do is try to update the firmware which fails is there anyway to fix this?

EDIT: I have fixed the problem

Last edited by Urisis,

Urisis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I mean by I can't do anything but update the system software is cause the other options are literally grayed out

Nojtuag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love to help you, but I'm new here and posts won't allow me to post links to assist. I ran into this issue before and can help.

Nojtuag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some files you need to get it back up and running. I have those files and instruction just in case my brain-dead don't remember if I ever run into that situation again.

Bergot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried to downgrade firmware with muduro I downloaded the wrong type of firmware and got into a perma loop of trying to update it and then failing I then entered safe mode but all I can do is try to update the firmware which fails is there anyway to fix this?
You will have to update via QCMA on PC.

Enviado de meu XT1095 usando o Tapatalk

Nojtuag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember where I got this firmware from so I've uploaded it to Here.

1. Extract and put that in your psvita update folder (Created by QCMP) on your computer.
2. Run safe mode on your vita then connect the usb.
3. Choose to restore by usb.
3. Launch QCMP and update on your psvita.

Causes of boot loop; you use the wrong version of Modoru. If your current firmware is over 3.68 and you're trying to downgrade; you have to use the Modoru 2.0 . Good Luck!

Last edited by Nojtuag,
Reactions: Bergot

Urisis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember where I got this firmware from so I've uploaded it to Here.

1. Extract and put that in your psvita update folder (Created by QCMP) on your computer.
2. Run safe mode on your vita then connect the usb.
3. Choose to restore by usb.
3. Launch QCMP and update on your psvita.

Causes of boot loop; you use the wrong version of Modoru. If your current firmware is over 3.68 and you're trying to downgrade; you have to use the Modoru 2.0 . Good Luck!
For some weird reason all option's but Update System Software are all grayed out and I can't select them

Nojtuag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do a system update and have it update by usb. Make sure you uploaded the cfw i linked up there to the qcmp update folder. Let it run the update. You can use Modoru 2.0 to downgrade it later. If you need help completing the whole process via teamviewer; ping me through IM. Be more than happy to walk you through later. I will be off work 3hrs from the time I post this thread.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your problem may be fixable, but I'm not sure what you mean by wrong firmware with modoru. I downgraded both my vita and pstv with it while on enso365 (the first enso for 3.65 with boot plugins being in vs0), and it messed a lot of things up. like I had no images for several default apps. I managed to fix everything though, but it took several hours.

Nojtuag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think region is in the system.dreg.

your problem may be fixable, but I'm not sure what you mean by wrong firmware with modoru. I downgraded both my vita and pstv with it while on enso365 (the first enso for 3.65 with boot plugins being in vs0), and it messed a lot of things up. like I had no images for several default apps. I managed to fix everything though, but it took several hours.

godreborn; his issue is almost the same thing as:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/3-72-soft-brick-help.547207/

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually just fixed it

Please share ? Maybe you can tell those people how you have done that ? Just in case of noob people who might have the same problem as yours because just fixed it is not going to make us feel better for you. Please share your knowledge and your experience.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

Urisis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EDIT: I have fixed the problem
So here's how you fix this problem
https://samilops2.gitbook.io/vita-troubleshooting-guide/serious-problems/bootloop

You need to "change QCMA settings on the firmware to avoid the you already have the latest version message".

And of course set the "custom PS Vita version" to whatever firmware version you are trying to restore meaning the one you are currently on( 3.73?), not lower.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.