Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think we can sum this thread up with, don't go online before a game is released. You will get banned and it's your fault for doing it.
It's as simple as that. Maybe next time you won't do something stupid like that again.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Which is why they said "by pure data definition". From the actual data, a decently generated Pokémon should be identical to a "legit" Pokémon (So long as all of the flags and markers are understood), which is why the distinction is stupid. If you can't definitively prove one way or the other, the distinction is silly and serves only to make someone feel more special. Besides, whether you spent a year making a team of 1's and 0's, or five minutes, they function the same.

'if you can't prove I'm a cheater, I'm no cheater.
and trying to call me a cheater hurts my feelings and is just an attempt to make me feel less special.'

that's what I'm reading there

Wrong. According to the raw save data, Legal and Legit are the same. It is impossible to tell the difference, because the only difference is how the data was generated. In some Pokémon games, it's possible to make the game legitimately generate illegal data through use of bugs such as the Pomeg or Rage glitches.

The difference between legal and legit is a semantic one, that arose because some people don't want to use genned 'mons. "Hacked" Pokémon are banned from all competitive play (except Smogon's Hackmons) regardless of if they were actually hacked or not. As explained, certain glitches could teach (for example) a Ditto Sketch without hacking.

But, yeah. I'd tell people not to cheat, but let's be honest. Genners were what ultimately drove the devs to give legit players Super and Hyper Training.

yeah, but going by the fact, one was aquired by cheating, while the other wasn't so the difference out here in the real world is still there.

putting horse meat in my ground beef doesn't not make it horse meat, just because, on a molecular level, its all just water, protein, fat and carbohydrates

also, abusing glitches still counts as cheating. that's why they call it abusing a glitch.

finally, wtf? why would genners be the reason they added super and hyper training? people got their mostly perfect pokemon since forever without cheating too. they progressively made it easier / more accessible through the generations.
they didn't make it easier so people could keep up with the cheaters, if that was their plan, they would've made it much easier from the getgo OR they would've done away with ivs, evs and natures altogether.

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'if you can't prove I'm a cheater, I'm no cheater.
and trying to call me a cheater hurts my feelings and is just an attempt to make me feel less special.'

that's what I'm reading there

Nope, opposite in fact. You feel that someone putting in the time and effort to build the perfect team is worth recognition over someone who simply "made" their team in a few minutes. But, why should anyone care if we're looking at this from a competitive level? If someone is watching two people battle in some competitive scene, whether or not the participants actually put effort into raising their team is irrelevant (So no one is special. Sorry).

Someone can moan about how they put so much effort in and are so much better than anyone who didn't, but at the end of the day, no one can verify it, so it means nothing. If you're against "cheating", by all means, breed and train the absolute best team you can. But don't expect anyone to actually care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, who would win
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Every character from HH/HB (hazbin hotel/helluva boss) VS Dante (devil may cry), Doom Guy (doom) and V1(ultrakill)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fairly odd parents
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fairly odd parents