YoungNastyMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay here is the story fully
i have a firelink card 2GB. Only slot 1 with a dongle.I got myst on it everything was okay i played the game a long time...then my battery went deat. So i recharged it and try to play again and i had a 'File write error!'. So i tried to fix it but it didn't work.my mother became crazy because I became angry because of that card( is that a good sentence XD)So when i went away going out for the night, my mom formatted the card ( copied the files on it to a other map in the computer) and try to fix it that way .
Then i started my ds and try to play ,which didn't work. i got the Error: missing Xmenu.dat file . i run across the interwebz and stumbled in to this site. I got help on the forum and try to make my card and i search and tried and now i can get in my game menu where i choose the games and now i got the file write error again . and i found a guide on this site and i was reading there that if you format your card on that way you destroy your card ....
frown.gif

now my questions are
is it true ? did my mom broke my card ?
if not...How can i fix it with only my dongle and i dont know how i can connect the Ds to the computer i have a usb plug that fits but it only charges up ...on some way...

please help me i dont know it any more

thanks in advance

YoungNastyMan

leinad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Its not recommented to foarmat it trough your PC, that does not mean it kills your card instant.

Backup you files and then start your DS holding Start+Select , then select full format (will take some time but will fix the fomat thing).

@File write error: Sometimes there are Roms that causes this, if you have such a 'bad dump' you can fomat and recopy the rom to the card 100times and it will cause a file write error over and over again. Just try to start every rom on you card, One game will start: Thats the error-causing rom

toxicwaste44

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok this same kind of thing happened to me, all that I believe happened is that the xmenu file was deleted so your menu with your games will not start. Luckily I have this file on gbatemp already, here is the link. Xmenu backup

Directions:
1. Download
2. Place the file in your firecard folder. ( Doesn't Matter Where )
3. Done, This should work now.

Good, luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer