Hacking I DID IT now what?

Ssur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have followed plailect's guide to installing arm9loaderhax and Luma3ds on his site
But now what? what can I do with my 3ds at this point?

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Now you become piracy lord. Reason why most people a9lh their devices.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"Jokes" aside, there's a lot you can do with a9lh, but none of them interesting nor useful to a casual user.

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

Ssur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you enlighten me to this "piracy lord" thing?
only reason I did mine was because i like tweaking with hardwares such as NDS/WII/ps3/etc...

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use emulators, pirate games, get mods for some games, use managers for things like saves.

Go nutz.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
can you enlighten me to this "piracy lord" thing?
only reason I did mine was because i like tweaking with hardwares such as NDS/WII/ps3/etc...
freeShop and google "that iso site".

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can use emulators, pirate games, get mods for some games, use managers for things like saves.

Go nutz.
Emulators and save managers were already possible with homebrew.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You follow a guide without knowing what is it for?
That's sadly not uncommon. So many people just blindly follow guides and never once think about what they are doing or take time to learn about it. I am not trying to belittle the OP, but it's a sad reality. Something like this should require some actual research and understanding. This is actual fire, just because it's contained fire, doesn't make it completely safe. People with hacked 3DS now can do crazy shit like delete their entire CTRNAND! Why? Because they don't know what they are doing and just followed a random guide.
People just think this shit is all about "Free gaemz!" But there's so much more to hacking!
And to the OP! Seriously! Look at all of this homebrew!
https://titledb.com/
You have nearly complete control over your 3DS! You can install 3DS games on it, DSi games, play once blocked flashcarts, install modified DSi/GBA/GB/GBC/NES/SNES games! You can install cheats on your 3DS! You can even install games from all over the world! Even fan modified games!
This is a world of endless possibly!

Reactions: Arubaro

Ssur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see your point maybe i should have done more research before putting my hands on this
but my passion is in playing with things not playing games!
ill be learning more about the 3ds scene hopefully to find more challenging tasks

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well CFW isn't just about piracy, that's reaching. There are so many development apps, homebrew games, cheats, plugins, editors, Godmodes etc. There is SO much you can do without ever downloading a game for free and enjoying every other aspect of your CFW. You're on the temp, just browse around a bit and you're bound to find something to peak your interest. New apps are being created and released everyday so, explore, explore, explore.

Reactions: The Catboy

Ssur

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well CFW isn't just about piracy, that's reaching. There are so many development apps, homebrew games, cheats, plugins, editors, Godmodes etc. There is SO much you can do without ever downloading a game for free and enjoying every other aspect of your CFW. You're on the temp, just browse around a bit and you're bound to find something to peak your interest. New apps are being created and released everyday so, explore, explore, explore.

def

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Free gaemz!
This right here, is unfortunately why hacking gets such a bad name. People think the term "hacking" just means get free stuff or troll around with someone's Facebook account.

Ask your average person what a hacker is, and they would all tell you someone who toys around with someone's info. Then proceed to ask them what an ethical hacker is. Watch their faces go blank.

Free games is all your average user is going to care about, without even a thought of how it might work.

Last edited by Sketchy1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool