OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi tempers.
I've decided, I'm converting to Islam. I've been studying the Qur'an for years out of curiosity and plain interest. I've always been on the fence of converting because most of my family is Christian and the is so much criticism about Islam. I looked more into Islam, the Quran, the Hadith and Sunnah. I concluded I shouldn't trust the Hadith and should focus on the Quran. So I continued to look through it and finally said "screw it" and converted. The temp now has one more Muslim.
smile.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congrats dude. I'm no big religious guy myself but as long as you follow what you believe to be true, it's all good to me.

I would make some otherwise clever pun but there are none that come to mind, sorry.

Side note: I thought this was gonna be a "I converted to Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft" thread.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
KirbyBoy said:
Does your family know?
This and this
QUOTE(p1ngpong @ Jun 9 2011, 08:01 AM) Just out of curiosity what made you feel that converting from Christianity to Islam was right for you?

Followed by a congrats
happy.gif

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
congrats
welcome to islam pyrmon!
at least some people understand treu islam and not some rubbish talking some islamists say or that terrorism thing that makes islam look bad.

wasim

♫ Music addict ♫
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
biggrin.gif

Great to hear
Welcome to Islam !

QUOTE said:
I concluded I shouldn't trust the Hadith and should focus on the Quran

there are many kinds of hadith
and you can trust some of them

and yea the Qur'an ..... there is no doubts in it

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
A Gay Little Catboy said:
KirbyBoy said:
Does your family know?
This and this
QUOTE(p1ngpong @ Jun 9 2011, 08:01 AM) Just out of curiosity what made you feel that converting from Christianity to Islam was right for you?

Followed by a congrats
happy.gif
Family: Not really.
Conversion: I wasn't really a Christian. Just a Theist.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, family knows. My parents don't care, which doesn't surprise me as they raised me with a "do what you want, it's you who'll live with the consequences" ideology. The rest of my family are sorta shocked and some a little angry. But nothing I can't manage I guess. My grand parents are kinda disappointed though, because that means none of their grand children is Christian.

bsfmtl123

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
My grand parents are kinda disappointed though, because that means none of their grand children is Christian.

But the good news is that their grand children will now be Muslims
smile.gif
Ur Grand parents should be proud of you.....at so early age you researched so many unfamiliar things and have determined what is better for you.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess some people don't realize that there are peaceful law-abiding Muslims, and then are radical terrorist Muslims. There is a big difference between the two. As long as you aren't one of the radical types, it's all good.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rayder said:
I guess some people don't realize that there are peaceful law-abiding Muslims, and then are radical terrorist Muslims. There is a big difference between the two. As long as you aren't one of the radical types, it's all good.
Yeah, I met this guy the other day who was convinced all Muslims were "terrorists that wanted to take over the world". That "Islam was a cancer" and that people who convert to Islam have "a mental illness of some kind". I'm quoting here.

bsfmtl123

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:

Actually the US Government is equally responsible for the radical Muslim terrorists or Terrorism in short.And secondly all terrorists are not Muslims I don't know why people always refer terrorists to Islam or Muslims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...