I can't get cw cheat or temp ar to work on...

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by G36cBossMan, Dec 3, 2013.

1. G36cBossMan
    OP

G36cBossMan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2010
    United States
    I couldn't get cw cheat to work at all and temp ar was working but it froze the whole game and I had to shut it off after that when ever I try to turn the cheat function on not choose a cheat from the list I'll push the button next to brightness to activate the cheat function but wen I press it it goes on then right back to off it does this 3-4 times before it stays on and the cheats won't work at all now you can enable them but that's it... Can anyone help me get this working I'll even settle for cw cheat or anything else that works...

Edit: I almost forgot I'm on cfw 6.60 pro-b10

2. G36cBossMan
    OP

G36cBossMan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2010
    United States
    Bump anyone??

Edit: can someone at least give the name of a simmaler plugin or cheats?

3. jastolze

jastolze GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2012
    United States

Some cheats will just NOT work, regardless of what it says it does. Some are also firmware specific (not many) Most of the time, if ANY part of the cheat portion is off, it will screw up or freeze the game.

Example: Say the cheat you want on has this value:
    0x0015A3B3 0x00000001

But was accidentally typed out as this:
    0x0015AEB3 0x00000001

Do you see how simple it is to make a mistake? TempAR will not guess what you tried to enter, as it reads and applies the cheat as it was put in.

What game is it that you're trying to cheat on, and what cheats do you want to activate? It's possible that you have too many cheats on as well, so try enabling them one at a time to see which one(s) is causing the freeze to occur.