Gaming I broke my hand at young age Can you guys recommend a game that does not tire hands and fingers?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Better get the troll response of Kid Icarus out of the way (for reference they had to ship it with a stand, and even then many a veteran games player still complained of hand pain).

Anyway 3ds has no games as far as I am concerned. If you hacked your 3ds such that you have DS and GBA then I can do more.

That said I would ask what constitutes tiring for you as different mobility losses and whatnot play out differently for different people in my experience. Is it more holding tense/ready for action or just long term?

Turn based stuff is usually a good start, however if you have one that sees you move a few hundred pieces per turn (not so many but some) then that might be harder.

You need not be restricted to that and plenty of real time things work for a lot of people here, if you find one you can put down for a while to recover then even more becomes available.

Similarly visual novel type deal might be a start, but holding one of those for hours on the sofa (particularly in 90 degrees rotation) can be fun. A book stand could change that.

Also is the sort of thing that could be helped by having a giant shell around it? I have met those that have a hard time holding an awkward DS designed to be a pocket device but controller weighing the same is fine. Not sure what is out there in the way of clip on shells these days, or whether you could abuse on of those mobile phone clip on devices for this but I note it anyway.
It is also where emulators come in as well; playing on PC brings all sorts of things as far as controllers (foot controllers are a thing), cheats, scripts, savestates, slowdown, turbo and more.

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
+1 to point and click and turn based games. Basically anything that you could easily stop playing at any second without "being punished" by the game. For example, an RPG where as long as you dont input commands you don't get attacked (final fantasy, mystery dungeon games, etc). I find that those aren't only easier on the hands but also on the mind, as they don't require 100% of your attention and you can, say, watch TV while you play

Reactions: legendheaven

nemwolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend something like Pokemon or Mystery Dungeon as you can take as much time as you want playing them and take as many breaks as you want.

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Point and click games like zero escape virtues last reward, phoenix wright, professor layton, i guess.
I came here to say exactly those series.

Zero Escape is M-rated, and you really shouldn't skip any of them or else the story will lose you.

Phoenix Wright is a lot more humorous than you might expect from a courtroom drama. I don't know the series very well though.

Professor Layton is really easygoing with tons of well-made puzzles, it's easily one of my favourite series. Might want to avoid Miracle Mask (the 5th game in the series and the 1st on 3DS) since it has a couple action scenes. They're short but they can easily tire the hand.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any of the Pokemon, Fire Emblem or other strategy games, since there's really no physical action required. The Pikmin game is also pretty chill, and a nice quiet adventure when you're in the mood for something more relaxed.

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey Pikmin!, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Tomodachi Life, the Box-Boy! series and maybe Miitopia if I remember it correctly.

For DS: Chrono Trigger (changing settings), Clubhouse Games, Electroplankton, Last Window: The Secret of Cape West, maybe "Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors", Plants vs. Zombies, Tomodachi Collection (with English patch), Animal Crossing: Wild World, Bejeweled 3, Hotel Dusk - Room 215, maybe Ghost Trick - Phantom Detective, Trace Memory.

Last edited by BETA215,
Reactions: legendheaven

legendheaven

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better get the troll response of Kid Icarus out of the way (for reference they had to ship it with a stand, and even then many a veteran games player still complained of hand pain).

Anyway 3ds has no games as far as I am concerned. If you hacked your 3ds such that you have DS and GBA then I can do more.

That said I would ask what constitutes tiring for you as different mobility losses and whatnot play out differently for different people in my experience. Is it more holding tense/ready for action or just long term?

Turn based stuff is usually a good start, however if you have one that sees you move a few hundred pieces per turn (not so many but some) then that might be harder.

You need not be restricted to that and plenty of real time things work for a lot of people here, if you find one you can put down for a while to recover then even more becomes available.

Similarly visual novel type deal might be a start, but holding one of those for hours on the sofa (particularly in 90 degrees rotation) can be fun. A book stand could change that.

Also is the sort of thing that could be helped by having a giant shell around it? I have met those that have a hard time holding an awkward DS designed to be a pocket device but controller weighing the same is fine. Not sure what is out there in the way of clip on shells these days, or whether you could abuse on of those mobile phone clip on devices for this but I note it anyway.
It is also where emulators come in as well; playing on PC brings all sorts of things as far as controllers (foot controllers are a thing), cheats, scripts, savestates, slowdown, turbo and more.
Yes, my device is have cfw.

ack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mario kart 7, if you use the gyro steering option
also if its button presses that tire your hands, you can play yokai watch completely on the touchscreen

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is specifically wrt 3DS, I would recommend getting a grip rather than looking for games that are easy on the hands.

ack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is specifically wrt 3DS, I would recommend getting a grip rather than looking for games that are easy on the hands.
this, also consider talking to a physical therapist, this sounds like something that could impact your life quite a lot

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't think he was asking for medical advice he surely has seen doctors since "he broke his hand at young age"

If you care about gaming in general, VR could also be good for you, since it doesn't take as much from your hands as from the rest of your body, specially arms. The hands usually only deal with touching a trackpad or pressing a trigger here and there

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Oh my God the graphics are so realistic looking." Lol of course it was the shiznit back then tho.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never stood in line overnight or for hours, to buy anything. I can just wait and buy it later.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I have never done that either.
    closest ive done is getting to target a couple hours early in the moring to get some amiibos.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
    But that topic makes me sad. :(
    Abusive narcissistic ex shame guilted me into selling them becasue my gaming and interests were childish like a little kid collecting toys. :(
    +1
    I had soooooooooooo many of them. All still sealed.
    +1
    I eventually had to contact a domestic abuse advocate to help me get out of the apartment I was in a lease with her. And filed a restraining order on her cuz she kept harassing me after i left her.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A phone can do more than a TV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Found a Charger that works with my phone
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Found a Charger that works with my phone