Hacking I bricked my Wii using cIOS Downgrader

koelkast

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I just made a huge mistake... I attempted downgrading my Wii (running 3.3E) to firmware version 2.0E using cIOS downgrader. Everything seemed to work fine, but after it completed and restarted my Wii, it won't work properly anymore. When I turn on the Wii, I get the health and safety warning. When I press A, it won't do anything anymore; I get a black screen.

Is there any way to fix it? Might SaveMiiFrii work?

Thanks a lot in advance...

koelkast

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
So what was your reason for going to 2.0E and not 3.2E?
To be honest, there was no reason at all... I wanted to try it, that's all. That turned out to be rather stupid...
QUOTE(Tichinde925 @ Nov 28 2008, 07:04 PM) Also, are you sure your Wii was originally at 3.3E and not 3.3U?
Yes, I am. I selected the wrong country when registering... I have a European Wii, I was using 3.3E, and right now I should be at 2.0E.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
savemii frii should work,

just stick in a Org wii game from your region that has a update on it and update with it through savemii frii, and it should fix your wii,

koelkast

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to try that now then... The most recent game I have is Mario Kart Wii, and I believe it had an update. That should work, right? I'll get my GC controller now then, and I'll try to get in recovery mode.

koelkast

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, it's fixed already! You won't believe this...

When I inserted Mario Kart Wii, the Wii turned on like normal. I didn't have my GC Controller yet, so I wanted to turn the Wii off. I pressed A, and suddenly, I was in the system menu! I think the Wii was banner bricked by the icon of the disc channel or something...

All of my channels were in the wrong place, and when I used the + and - buttons to scroll through pages, some graphics were messed up (text would be over the menu screen).

Anyway, I just loaded up the disc channel and it asked me to update. I did that, and now I'm on 3.1E!

I'm going to update to 3.3E now.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Tetram

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, that's just an idea of the reason : there's different version of the Wii (in hardware). One clue of this is the fact that with the most recent Wii, you don't need the "1+2" button thing to add a wiimote. What's more, you can start your wii with any remote, not only the "main" one.
I guess you have a recent wii (less than one year old), and 2.0 is not compatible.

Hope you'll succeed !

koelkast

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tetram said:
Well, that's just an idea of the reason : there's different version of the Wii (in hardware). One clue of this is the fact that with the most recent Wii, you don't need the "1+2" button thing to add a wiimote. What's more, you can start your wii with any remote, not only the "main" one.
I guess you have a recent wii (less than one year old), and 2.0 is not compatible.

Hope you'll succeed !
My Wii was preordered as soon as it was possible, and I got it very soon after the European launch in 2006. Actually, I'm certain that I've had 2.0E on my console, because I remember updating to 3.0E.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1