Hacking I Bricked my Ps3 i need Help

Aaqil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried jailbraking my ps3 slim and it got bricked when i was installing the cfw i didnt dump it and i dont have an e3 flasher i was wondering that if i bought a new hard drive would it work? feel free to comment your suggestions

The1stOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If it all depended on the hard drive, you could just wipe it/reformat it inside PC. But I doubt it's that easy. There must be some memory inside the console where the recovery-mode is stored. Have you tried recovery mode?

Recovery mode:
1. Turn off the PS3.
2. Hold down the power button and wait for your PS3 to turn on and off.
3. Once the PS3 has turned off, hold the power button until you hear 2 beeps.
4. When you hear the 2 beeps let go of the power button.
5. Plug in your controller with USB-cord and press the PS button.
6. The Recovery menu should be visible on the screen!

Reactions: zfreeman

Aaqil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it all depended on the hard drive, you could just wipe it/reformat it inside PC. But I doubt it's that easy. There must be some memory inside the console where the recovery-mode is stored. Have you tried recovery mode?

Recovery mode:
1. Turn off the PS3.
2. Hold down the power button and wait for your PS3 to turn on and off.
3. Once the PS3 has turned off, hold the power button until you hear 2 beeps.
4. When you hear the 2 beeps let go of the power button.
5. Plug in your controller with USB-cord and press the PS button.
6. The Recovery menu should be visible on the screen!
I cant turn on my ps3 when i press the power button it just turns on for 2 seconds then turns back off i tried getting the recovery mode but i coudnt even turn it on. Do you think if i formatted my hard drive and reformatted it would it work

Last edited by Aaqil,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I cant turn on my ps3 when i press the power button it just turns on for 2 seconds then turns back off i tried getting the recovery mode but i coudnt even turn it on. Do you think if i formatted my hard drive and reformatted it would it work
The test is easy - simply remove the HDD, it would boot to an error screen if the problem was the disk or its contents (which I don't expect it to be)
What does "turns off" mean, anyway? As in, what colors/patterns does the power light go through?

Aaqil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The test is easy - simply remove the HDD, it would boot to an error screen if the problem was the disk or its contents (which I don't expect it to be)
What does "turns off" mean, anyway? As in, what colors/patterns does the power light go through?
I tried removing the hdd but my ps3 didnt turn on, when i click on the power button it turns green for 2 seconds and then the ps3 just turns off and there is no light and then when i click on the power button again there is a red light and when i click on that it turns green for 2 seconds then turns back off any suggestions

tedmg091309131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried this?

Switch off the console by holding the Power button (press and hold it contentiously until the PS3 powers off).

Now press and hold again the power button. Hold it until the console beeps 4 times (one beep, one beep, then two beeps), then release the Power button.

Aaqil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried this?

Switch off the console by holding the Power button (press and hold it contentiously until the PS3 powers off).

Now press and hold again the power button. Hold it until the console beeps 4 times (one beep, one beep, then two beeps), then release the Power button.
I can’t do this because when i hold the power button the light turns green and then just turns off in 2 seconds and there is no light in the power button

tedmg091309131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to remember there is another way of installing firmware that doesn't use safe mode. On an older ps3 I think it involved some combination of the power and or eject buttons being held while the ps3 was turned on by the back power switch. A friend used this on their ps3 with the help of a power strip. They had been trying to install cfw but when they decided to return to the normal firmware without installing cfw they had to download a special file to get back out. Rebooting and resetting the ps3 didn't get their ps3 back to the normal firmware.

Last edited by tedmg091309131,

Aaqil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I seem to remember there is another way of installing firmware that doesn't use safe mode. On an older ps3 I think it involved some combination of the power and or eject buttons being held while the ps3 was turned on by the back power switch. A friend used this on their ps3 with the help of a power strip. They had been trying to install cfw but when they decided to return to the normal firmware without installing cfw they had to download a special file to get back out. Rebooting and resetting the ps3 didn't get them back to the normal firmware.
Can you please give me the exact instructions on how to do this and i have a ps3 slim so it doesnt have a power button in the back

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried jailbraking my ps3 slim and it got bricked when i was installing the cfw i didnt dump it and i dont have an e3 flasher i was wondering that if i bought a new hard drive would it work? feel free to comment your suggestions

What firmware do you have? I have a PS3 SLIM and firmware was 3.41 and jailbreak it a looooong time ago to the latest CFW version and dont have a problem.

konsolenumbau.expert

Trophies
Website
konsolenumbau.expert
XP
Country
Germany
It's quit simple.

The hdd has nothing to do with any brick/stuff.

A brick happens to the NAND/NOR where the essential files are stored.

You can use any hdd that fits in the PS3 and reformat it to use it. Of cause not, when you bricked your console.

The fact that he can't go in the save mode indeed shows that he seems to have bricked his console except, there is a hardware failure Wich is unlikely when the Device was running before.

So. If you bricked your PS3 and don't have a backup no one can help you as this is was you MUST Make a backup before you attempt to do things to your device.

Now, with an E3 you could read what's left on the machine and it might be fixable but for that to say we really would need to know what exactly happed to that console.

What way to install the cfw you used?
What was the ofw on before the attempt?

Everything that could be important.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I seem to remember there is another way of installing firmware that doesn't use safe mode. On an older ps3 I think it involved some combination of the power and or eject buttons being held while the ps3 was turned on by the back power switch. A friend used this on their ps3 with the help of a power strip. They had been trying to install cfw but when they decided to return to the normal firmware without installing cfw they had to download a special file to get back out. Rebooting and resetting the ps3 didn't get them back to the normal firmware.
That's manufacturing mode, to enter it you can use:
1- homebrew (obviously not on an unusable console)
2- a 3rd party jig, like PSPJig or other hardware tools (blocked on 3.56+)
3- an official $ony jig (not leaked, and if it's anything like the official PSP magic memory sticks, will be a nightmare to copy)

(For methods 2 and 3, the procedure is indeed "connect jig to usb000, press eject then immediately power" or something like that)

In manufacturing mode, the console will indeed boot a kernel from USB (if the bootloaders on flash memory aren't too screwed up...), which can indeed reinstall the OS; but it's not really helpful in your case...

Last edited by Ryccardo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."