ROM Hack I bricked my 3DS...

D0GMEAT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. ]

I accidentally installed the wrong CIA in Sysnand. (I was gonna install a GBA game, but without noticing, I installed a costum font.)

And now when I turn the system on, it gets stuck on black screen (even the 3D slider LED doesn't turn on).

I wanna ask if I can Hardmod the system to inject a clean Nand backup? (Does it matter that I formatted the system twice?)

Its an O3DS v9.2.0-20U It had Gateway emuNAND v11.0.0-33U

Last edited by D0GMEAT,
D

Deleted User

You need a backup of your NAND and a hardmod :/ sorries... You should install A9LH in the future to prevent this again

Reactions: retrofan_k

D0GMEAT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a backup of your NAND and a hardmod :/ sorries... You should install A9LH in the future to prevent this again

Luckily, I have a backup of my NAND. I just need to search someone to install Hardmod using the link that @Zelock shared above. (Thanks for sharing the link!).

If I manage to fix it, I'll switch to A9LH.

D0GMEAT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of hardmodding it myself, because from the list, I can't seem to find someone from US to install it on a o3DS.

If I would've install it myself, what would've I need?

DoHxBoY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Might I ask, what about A9LH would have prevented this?

I know absolutely nothing about how GW works, and it may be why I don't know the difference, but I am curious to know how I am protected from this as an A9LH user :D

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Might I ask, what about A9LH would have prevented this?

I know absolutely nothing about how GW works, and it may be why I don't know the difference, but I am curious to know how I am protected from this as an A9LH user :D
he bricked for modifying sysnand without the proper patches (GW mde i suppose).
you are protected because you can restore a nand backup from before installing that cia (or any nand problema actually) wile it doesnt mess with the FIRM or a9lh sectors

DoHxBoY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he bricked for modifying sysnand without the proper patches (GW mde i suppose).
you are protected because you can restore a nand backup from before installing that cia (or any nand problema actually) wile it doesnt mess with the FIRM or a9lh sectors

Fancy, so I can install shady/incorrect CIAs to my hearts content and just hit the reset (restore) button basically? Good to know :D

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Fancy, so I can install shady/incorrect CIAs to my hearts content and just hit the reset (restore) button basically? Good to know :D
if you make a nand backup obviously

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

a sd backup per nand backup is useful too

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of hardmodding it myself, because from the list, I can't seem to find someone from US to install it on a o3DS.

The o3ds is the biggest pain in the butt, that's why they don't offer it on o3ds.

I recommend doing a temporary hard mod. This way you won't have to make holes or worry about making it look pretty.

You need a soldering iron, some thin wire, solder, solder flux, a micro sd to sd card adapter, and if you plan on making it permanent you'll also need a small 4 pin jst connector, hot glue, and stuff to make the hole. There are other options for the connector, but 4pin jst connectors work fine.

Reactions: D0GMEAT

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hundshamer is back. He had some personal life stuff but he's catching up. Last I checked a few months ago, he was doing 10 3dses a day to catch up. He's reliable, but he just wasn't available until recently.

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Bruh, I don't think you should touch your 3DS if you don't know what you need to do it.
Better to just send it to someone even if it's out the country instead of not knowing what you're doing.

D0GMEAT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bruh, I don't think you should touch your 3DS if you don't know what you need to do it.
Better to just send it to someone even if it's out the country instead of not knowing what you're doing.

That's why there are Tutorials in the Internet. I was asking what tools, or cables I needed to have in order to install a temporary Hardmod. (It's easy to install if I follow the instructions perfectly.)

Also I've opened my 3DS Twice already. One was to fix the L & R buttons, and to check what model I have. (Mine is the 1st model.) if I break it, it's no problem... eBay is always available, buy a new motherboard, install it, and profit.

Last edited by D0GMEAT,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey