OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bo90jujIYAA_jhL.jpg

I went out, had a few drinks, went home with a pretty girl but when I woke up, all I had in my arms was a Wii U.

Yeah, I bought one. I paid £200 for the Mark Kart 8 Premium bundle from Tesco which was a good deal so I thought I may as well go for it. It was meant to be coming yesterday but no one was at home so I had to go all the way to the post office today to pick it up. Fortunately the post office is a five minute walk from my house. So I've played around with it so I thought I may as well piss around and put my thoughts out while the gaempad is charging.

I guess I should start with the Gaempad itself considering it is USP of the system or ball and chain depending on their interpretation. Overall I like it. D-pad is good, sticks are good, buttons are good, triggers are good. In regards to the comfort issue, I have mixed opinions on it. Initially it feels pretty good but after a session, I found my hands were aching a bit. Hopefully it's just a case of getting used to it

Off screen tv play is nice and works really well for me. But considering I don't share my tv with anyone it is a slightly redundant feature.

I do wish the OS was quicker, I appreciate it was worst before but fuck shit takes a while. Closing a gaem is a pain to do tbh tbf. The system's interface is okish, it works but I'm really a fan of the channel layout. I do wish it allowed for customisation like custom themes like on PS3 and Vita. I know it's mundane but fuck I love shit like this. I did however appreciate it worked out my tv's settings when setting it up, I really like not having to faff around with resolution and all that shit.

Now the gaems:

Bo906dzIAAAuRw2.jpg

I've only played 3D World and briefly MK8. So far I like 3D World, it's just a fun gaem to play not terribly mind blowing in all honesty but a very solid gaem. It's rather pretty as well. MK8 is pretty damn cool as well, not the biggest Mario Kart fan in all honesty but I am looking forward to this one. Shit runs well and is pretty damn pretty as well.

Overall with one exception, I've only bought U exclusives. I want to buy The Wonderful 101 and Lego City but that can wait, I've spent enough money. Than I would have all the Wii U gaems in the world!

So far I think the Wii U is ok. The library is small and really needs more software particularly more genre diversity. And the pot is calling the kettle black.

tl;dr: Wii U has no gaems

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
question, how many games really WII U does have currently?
you talk like there was only 10 games...
"There are currently 327 games on this list as of March 31, 2014" (Note that this count includes retail and eshop games)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_U_software

Just for comparison:

(PS4) There are currently 248 games on this list (15 of which have been confirmed as free-to-play).
(XOne) There are currently 173 games on this list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

EDIT: E olá, pessoa de Portugal!

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
NERD! jk lol Nintendo has a ton of amazing games coming out this year and Microsoft and Sony don't really have anything big coming out this year. Microsoft has already stated that Halo 5 is coming out next year so nothing big from them and Sony is not likely going to push Uncharted 4 for Winter

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NERD! jk lol Nintendo has a ton of amazing games coming out this year and Microsoft and Sony don't really have anything big coming out this year. Microsoft has already stated that Halo 5 is coming out next year so nothing big from them and Sony is not likely going to push Uncharted 4 for Winter
Lel

Anyway, I should have waited for the Mario Kart bundle. I would've played that a lot more than the game I got with my bundle. Oh well, buying MK8 next week anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.