I bought a SNES

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
It is an abbreviation, not a word, what you said applies to words only.

EDIT: Thanks for answering him in detail Armadillo.
An abreviation where the first word would be super so to me it would be a super not an super

But getting off topic lol

Check out the games I listed all available here in europe :)

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd second Terranigma, a great game. Actraiser was also pretty fun.

Other SNES games I would recommend... Lufia 2 (or just known as Lufia in Europe since the first never came out here) was a great game. I know you dislike the DS remake, but this is completely different and far better, in my opinion. The original Lufia that was never released here is also a good game.

If you have another person to play with or like action RPGs, then Secret of Mana would also be a good choice. It plays similarly to Ys 5, but the gameplay is better overall (and it still has some nice music, like the Ys series).

Oh, and if the flashcart permits translation patches, you should get Der Langrisser. An underrated SRPG in the vein of Fire Emblem, but arguably more challenging. The creators also made the Growlanswer series and the Devil Survivor 1&2 later, but I still prefer Der Langrisser over them both. It also has four different story paths.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me sum things up about this.
An emulator is ok, but its not actual hardware. What this means is that emulators will have graphical glitches, frame rate slow down and other kinds of problems. The thing about actual hardware is that the games are being played on the system they where meant to be played on so you won't find those kind of shit problems that you would find on emulators.
I hope that people here get where I'm coming from on this.

If you want perfect accuracy from an emulator, bsnes was made with perfect accuracy in mind rather than performance, and the SNES isn't exactly that intensive of a console. That aside, you can never go wrong with actual hardware

Reactions: Coltonamore

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, and if the flashcart permits translation patches, you should get Der Langrisser. An underrated SRPG in the vein of Fire Emblem, but arguably more challenging. The creators also made the Growlanswer series and the Devil Survivor 1&2 later, but I still prefer Der Langrisser over them both. It also has four different story paths.

As long as the ROM is patched, a flashcart should be able to run a hack on a SNES, provided the hack didn't do anything that an emulator could but a SNES couldn't. If I recall, Der Langrisser only properly ran on bsnes, which was the only completely-accurate SNES emulator, so it should run fine on actual hardware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse