Homebrew I bought a modded Wii U.

SSorin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
As the title says,I bought an already modded wii u,but there are some problems.
First,the sd card is a 32 gb microsd card in an adapter,my pc doesn't reognize it and also the console,cannot access homebrew and stuff.
Second,the usb has 128 gb,my pc shows it as raw but the console shows games on it,can't understand that.
So,here is my question:
Should I reset the Wii U and remod it?(bough a 4 GB SDHC and 512 MB SD card,just in case).
The games shows as bought from the EShop and installed on the usb,idk if the last owner bought the game or there is a way to install new games directly from the store.
Edit:The 32 GB Micro SD card doesn't show in disk management either,and if I disconnect the usb from the pc it frezes it for some reason.

Last edited by SSorin,

Mikey242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As the title says,I bought an already modded wii u,but there are some problems.
First,the sd card is a 32 gb microsd card in an adapter,my pc doesn't reognize it and also the console,cannot access homebrew and stuff.
Second,the usb has 128 gb,my pc shows it as raw but the console shows games on it,can't understand that.
So,here is my question:
Should I reset the Wii U and remod it?(bough a 4 GB SDHC and 512 MB SD card,just in case).
The games shows as bought from the EShop and installed on the usb,idk if the last owner bought the game or there is a way to install new games directly from the store.
Edit:The 32 GB Micro SD card doesn't show in disk management either,and if I disconnect the usb from the pc it frezes it for some reason.

Don't reset your WiiU or do anything else until you find out and understand how it is modded. If it is set up to use CBHC, then you could easily end up bricking it.

The reason your PC doesn't recognize your USB HDD is because it is formatted in a way that only your WiiU can use it (it won't even work in another WiiU). So that is normal and nothing to worry about. This means that if you want to put more games on it you will need to put them on the SD card and install them using a WUP installer on your WiiU. More information on that here.

I'm not sure about your SD card, as far as I know that should still work on your PC.

Reactions: SSorin

obiima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If your PC does not recognize the microSD card then maybe the (micro)SD card USB adapter you are using is old and not compatible with cards larger than 2GB.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Means the sd card is faulty, get another one.
The USB is in a WiiU format, your PC won't recognize it, even if you tried it on another WiiU it will ask you to format it again, as long as it's working then don't touch it.
Should I reset the Wii U and remod it?
Don't ever and i repeat DO NOT FORMAT YOUR WIIU, if CBHC was installed and you format or deleted the DS game on it, then you can kiss your WiiU goodby.
(bough a 4 GB SDHC and 512 MB SD card,just in case).
Wait you brought 4 GB and 512 MB SD Card? where did you find those? still not enough, get yourself 32 GB is good so you can put your games there and install it on ur external HDD using WUP installer.
This is how WUP installer work, you will download the games > copy them to sd card > homebrew > WUP installer and install them to WiiU or external HDD, thats how it look like.

better check this @Kafluke guide for better understanding how to hack the WiiU before doing anything else here

SSorin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Don't reset your WiiU or do anything else until you find out and understand how it is modded. If it is set up to use CBHC, then you could easily end up bricking it.

The reason your PC doesn't recognize your USB HDD is because it is formatted in a way that only your WiiU can use it (it won't even work in another WiiU). So that is normal and nothing to worry about. This means that if you want to put more games on it you will need to put them on the SD card and install them using a WUP installer on your WiiU. More information on that here.

I'm not sure about your SD card, as far as I know that should still work on your PC.
It was modded via the browser exploit,a friend told me that I can't share the usb from the wii u with my pc,as it formats it when I plug it on the console.The micro sd card is working,my pc was my fault,now i'm using an adapter.Acctually I resetted the console so I can learn more about modding,cuz if I didn't reset it could be a lot more harder to understand how to install games/homebrew apps.I used the browser exploit,just gonna ignore the crashes and it's okay.Worked a while on getting Wii U Usb Helper to work because it is discontinued for some reason and the title key database is down for another reason...

Thanks for the reply!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Don't ever and i repeat DO NOT FORMAT YOUR WIIU, if CBHC was installed and you format or deleted the DS game on it.
First time I got the console I verified if there were any purchases made in EShop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr