Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I feel horrible about posting this, or even admitting it, but I bought a 3DS Today. We get a bonus on our next paycheck at work so to be honest, I saw no harm. Still got $250+ in the bank. Price drop really helped, as did the employee discount I get.

I feel like a bit of a Hippocrate cause I did bash it quite a bit when it first came out, but to be honest. It's a pretty good system, I bought one in Cosmo Black and bought Zelda to go with it. So far I've been loving it, and I only have one issue. My DSTwo doesnt currently work on it, but I'm workin on that, 3DS is still on Menu version 1.00-01U

I actually think I'm looking forward to some of the huge releases, like Starfox, Mario Kart. Hell, the thought of decent 3DSWare tickles me pink. Hoping we get some Blazblue and at least some decent rpgs.

Sorry for such a short blog, but it seems significant enough for me to warrant posting.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, agree it is a awesome device.

3D videos,games, pics... 3D everything!
tongue.gif

Benefits I found about 3D.
It can make the game look twice as big.
Make the characters stand out more form the background.
Judging distance made easier.
Of course pop outs and depth in general.
More stuff,but I can't think off them right now... :/

Hmm...

Look at my sig for games. (Not updated I believe)

Edit: Make post more meaningful.

Nimbus

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
machomuu said:
There is a BlazBlue title out already, if you're interested.

I just became this much more intrigued!
20110714_0651_2e687e112ab29e9b895204b1978134c7_t.png
I shall inquire my curiosities into the path you hath laid before me which is known as a hyperlink in the next posters message my good fellow.

Is it the traditional fighter style. I don't think I've played Blazblu since Calamity Trigger to be honest, and even then I played casually (Who gives a crap if your the world champion if you cant go anywhere without being harrassed by fans, ya know.)

What I really want to see is a 3D remake of Megaman Battle Network 2 on the 3DS. It must have kickass music remixes....especially these tracks

Boss Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLj1LhSMbsw

WWW Area Theme

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought mine at launch day (I should have waited a bit longer but well I can't change that) and I'm quite pleased with it. I thought 3ds firmware was like 2.x nowadays. Mine is a Cosmo black too. I chose that color because my girl didn't like the blue one.

angelzbl0od

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations I have the same setup cosmo black 3ds and a DStwo it is awesome you will be very happy. You should definitely check out the Nyco extended life battery and charger dock. I have seen them priced from $20 - $30 and it is a great investment, ENJOY!!!!!

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Well I won't agree that the 3D is a popout 3D, rather it's more a box 3D, like instead of popping out, it's popping inwards like a 3D Box.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:
Well I won't agree that the 3D is a popout 3D, rather it's more a box 3D, like instead of popping out, it's popping inwards like a 3D Box.

It pops out on certain items, like when you found an item in zelda, the pencils in that activity log and much more. because honestly, how would you play a game that's outside the screen?

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:
Capable both ways, developers prefer in depth because it offers more to gameplay.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
heartgold said:
SamAsh07 said:
Capable both ways, developers prefer in depth because it offers more to gameplay.
Agreed. AR Games - If you take a very very close snap of the dragon (about 5 in?). It literally pops out.

DOA Dimensions - Tried Kasumi yet?

Nimbus

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hells Malice said:
Maybe he really meant he was a hippo crate.

Yes, I meant I was a hippo...wait what!?

I lol'd.

But yeah, got my DSTwo going on it, wasn't that hard. Loving it, and I found that BlazBlu title, which seems to be a Super-Deformed variant of the traditional. I'll download it next payday.

Still loving the joypad/stick, it's actually way better than the D-Pad by a long shot. The whole thing seems more sturdy and well-built, and doesn't seem to have obvious weaknesses in the hinges. Me likes that..

Apparently unbeknown to me you get a free 2GB SD Card pre-installed in the console, this made me go "D'awwwww, someone at Nintendo actually cares!" I have a 4GB one though, so I'll just keep this one as a backup or something.

Still no way to make your Mii's have Blue/Green/Purple/WhateverUnaturalColor hair or whatnot, which disappoints me, but aside from that.

Oh and just for the record, I'm a "Typo God", but I try to spell stuff right the first time. Sometimes my fingers or mind just work faster than the other.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
Dude, put and view this on your 3ds and move the circle pad all the way to the left and all the way to the right. Link

See? No more doubt.
tongue.gif

Anyway, how did miss seeing pop out 3D at least once?

Most devs use the 3D well, now it time for them to stop holding back.

More/stronger depth and 3D plz.
laugh.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:

laugh.gif

No dev will seriously focus any game on 3D considering how imperfect the technology is and the fact that it's not accessible to a good deal of people (either they can't see it at all, it looks bad to them, or it gives them headaches).

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
KingVamp said:

laugh.gif

No dev will seriously focus any game on 3D considering how imperfect the technology is and the fact that it's not accessible to a good deal of people (either they can't see it at all, it looks bad to them, or it gives them headaches).
I think they will. Shovelware sells well enough on its own, but when 3D enhanced and show off in the store sales are bound to go up.

But then again, that's just a shovelware related conjecture.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
I think they will. Shovelware sells well enough on its own, but when 3D enhanced and show off in the store sales are bound to go up.

But then again, that's just a shovelware related conjecture.

When was the last time they showed off shovelware in stores? Almost every store demo is just Nintendo Game X. Shovelware sells on being "buy it before you try it".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran