Hacking I am missing IOS files - Need direction

faastmaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
Basically it appears I am missing a bunch of IOS files from my wii (LU59-menu 3.4U)
(Don't ask ... kids will be kids ... lol)

Updates from any disks fail.
Updates via menu system fail.
At this point there is nothing on the main wii screen (checkout mii, internet channel, etc all gone via title deleter)
HBC was installed at one time now gone.

After searching the internet, I think I have the basic idea of how to get the system back to square one.
I am looking for confirmation that I am on the right track.

1. I need to use NUSD (beta 1.3) to download the IOS files.
What checkboxes should be checked ? Pack-Wad. (ignore ticket? - decrypt? - local files?)

2. Prepare an SD card like doing bannerbomb.
3. Put the wad manager 1.4 "dol" file as boot.dol in the SD root.
4. Put the downloaded IOS files as named by NUSD in a root folder named "wad"
5. Boot the wii, goto sd card channels and wait for "no card inserted", THEN insert SD card and boot it.
6. This will run wad manager 1.4
7. It then asks which IOS slot to use. What do I use here since a lot of the IOS files are missing?
(Here are the ones I have available: 4, 9, 10-17, 20, 21, 22,28, 30, 31, 33, 34, 37, 38, 50, 51, 53, 250)
7a. Do I use the same number of the file I am trying to re-install?
7b. What do I use for the IOS that I DO NOT have ??

Any guidance is appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So you can still get app running via bannerbomb? That's good.

You could download all IOS using NUSD, but if you download any stubs, you could brick.
So I have a different solution for you:

Run cIOS rev14 installer via bannerbomb. (get the .dol, rename it to boot.dol, put it on root of SD Card)
When it asks what IOS to select, choose 250.
It should install cIOS249.

Then, instead of using NUSD to download every IOS, just email the [email protected] auto-reply bot, and it will give you 3 links. Download the cIOSCORP v3.4 Uninstaller (LU64).

This "uninstaller" package is filled with all the unmodified IOS that you need. So, after installing cIOS249 rev14, unzip the "cIOSCORP v3.4 Uninstaller (LU64)" package, get the .dol (which should be in sd:\apps\cIOSCORP_v3.4_Uninstaller_LU64 directory), and rename it to boot.dol, and put it on the root of your SD card, and run it via bannerbomb.

It will install all of the unmodified IOS that are missing, and your system should be functional. Just don't cut the Wii's power during installation!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You let kids have a possibility of accessing AnyTitle Deleter on your Wii? There are very few good reasons you should have had that on your Wii/SD card at all and no reason for you to keep it there after using it.

Anyways, would that IOS250 have the trucha bug in it for sure? Or could it just be some stub? Did you install a cIOS before and the kids just deleted IOS249 or something?

faastmaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_letter_a said:

You could download all IOS using NUSD, but if you download any stubs, you could brick.

Run cIOS rev14 installer via bannerbomb. (get the .dol, rename it to boot.dol, put it on root of SD Card)
It should install cIOS249.

Then, instead of using NUSD to download every IOS, just email the [email protected] auto-reply bot, and it will give you 3 links. Download the cIOSCORP v3.4 Uninstaller (LU64).

This "uninstaller" package is filled with all the unmodified IOS that you need. So, after installing cIOS249 rev14, unzip the "cIOSCORP v3.4 Uninstaller (LU64)" package, get the .dol (which should be in sd:\apps\cIOSCORP_v3.4_Uninstaller_LU64 directory), and rename it to boot.dol, and put it on the root of your SD card, and run it via bannerbomb.

It will install all of the unmodified IOS that are missing, and your system should be functional. Just don't cut the Wii's power during installation!

Thanks - I will give it a try...
and to be clear.

When I run bannerbomb - just put the ciso38rev14.dol (as boot.dol) in the root, no other wad files?
My wii is an "LU59" but the uninstaller package should be the LU64 for all wii (not the "OLD-dmm" one?)

faastmaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
You let kids have a possibility of accessing AnyTitle Deleter on your Wii? There are very few good reasons you should have had that on your Wii/SD card at all and no reason for you to keep it there after using it.

Anyways, would that IOS250 have the trucha bug in it for sure? Or could it just be some stub? Did you install a cIOS before and the kids just deleted IOS249 or something?

Well, the "kids" are adults (barely - lol).
The whole problem started trying to play some of the newer games and we started getting the error 002 problem.
It all went quickly down hill from there.
The title deleter was used along the way. (and unfortunately it did IT'S job .... very well !)

thanks for the response !

faastmaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_letter_a said:

It should install cIOS249

When I run the BOLD step above, when it gets to the part that says installing I get this:
Install ERROR! (ret = -4100)
Finishing Installation - please wait .... OK

I have searched for error 4100 but I don't understand what to do next ...
frown.gif

thanks again for your time !!

jczak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
faastmaan said:
Install ERROR! (ret = -4100)
Finishing Installation - please wait .... OK

I have searched for error 4100 but I don't understand what to do next ... :(
thanks again for your time !!

-4100 means you essentially have a bad wad file. (cIOS error codes) Redownload it from a different source, the file you have is hash check failing. Best of luck to you, you'll get there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive. +1