I am confused

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by addi33, Dec 12, 2016.

1. addi33
    OP

addi33 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2016
    Gambia, The
    So I have arm9loaderhaxed 2 New 3ds Consoles so far, (the First one without 3ds.guide that was when downgrading with sysdowngrader was very risky, that was almost a year ago) , so And the second one was a friends New 3ds so I wouldn't call me a noob, but he also got another one, sadly on 11.2 , so Plailects guide says the dsiware downgrade only works on 11.1 but I've read in some threads that it also works on 11.2 So I am confused now, or just dumb, I dunno

2. owek1

owek1 Master Sword Wielder

Aug 16, 2016
    the dsiware hack which is on the guide works on 11.2 but would need another 3DS on CFW that has purchased a legit dsiware direct from eshop example Fieldrunners (which has already been taken down by nintendo) with a hacked save which you system transfer to the unhacked 3DS while the other which they call a slowhax or waithax would only work on firmware 11.1 or 11.0 basically needing only one 3DS the one that needs to be downgraded, i have only done the first one so far so i dont know much about that new method..i still have to read more about it..

3. addi33
    OP

Sep 12, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Okay so simple thing, I'll create an emunand purchase dsiware hack the safe transfer it over and do the whole nfirm process and then regular downgrade + A9LH + Luma

4. Manurocker95

Manurocker95 Game Dev & Pokémon Master

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    No need for that. Just back up your sysnand by decrypt9/Hourglass9 and copy that nand.bin with your 3ds folder to your computer. Format the 3ds. Buy the game on the new nand and use the transfer. It will only transfer the game. Then, just copy the Nintendo3DS folder back to your SD and restore your nand.

5. owek1

Aug 16, 2016
    guys i found out i could no longer redownload Fieldrunners even tho it shows in my redownload list on eshop.. :( kept getting an error that game is unavailable..

Pandaxclone2 likes this.
  6. addi33
    OP

Sep 12, 2016
    Gambia, The
    yeah luckily I have arm9loaderhaxed his sisters 3ds also, so I simply back up the sd card and the nand, use tinyformat buy the game transfer it over also the sd card content, restore the backups and do the nfirm downgrade regular downgrade and arm9loaderhax

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

yep its pulled from the e-shop

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I know that there's a dsiware list, but which supported game is the cheapest? (eur eshop ) ?

7. crater

crater Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    California
    AFAIK as long as you have purchased it, you should be able to redownload it from freeshop and have it work the same way.

8. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    so at the moment there is no solution without a DSi game? I have another CFW N3DS, but I do not want to do the full system transfer and stuff.

9. Manurocker95

Manurocker95 Game Dev & Pokémon Master

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    Jagged Alliance injecting the Legends of exidia .app and .sav works fine.

10. swabbo

swabbo Wot u doin readin dis m8?

Mar 9, 2011
    East Yorkshire/ A Bin
    It's either that or a hardmod, take your pick

11. owek1

Aug 16, 2016
    yes i did that before but last night it didnt work no matter how many times i press that redownload..anyway, i've used that game to downgrade twice so it wasnt a total loss and i was able to purchase it on another 3DS as well..only thing is, that was on a new3DS so any older model id have to resort to hardmod which i got no talent with..

12. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    this might change in two weeks.

owek1 likes this.
  13. swabbo

swabbo Wot u doin readin dis m8?

Mar 9, 2011
    East Yorkshire/ A Bin
    I might win the lottery next week.

:rofl:

naddel81 likes this.
  14. naddel81

naddel81 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 14, 2009
    United States
    I hope you do. But it is more certain that a new hax is coming on CCC.