Misc I always get the 103-2004 error code

Paiuand

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Hello,
As you can see from the title, i am having problems connecting my Wii U to the internet, and it hasnt worked before.
When i try to connect it with my router, it firstly didnt even let me connect to the router.
I changed some settings like IP adress and DNS and etc...
Now it lets me connect my Wii U to my router but doesnt get to the internet, then this error shows up: 103-2004. I can only get internet onmy Wii U if i open up a hotspot with Connectify.
My router has some security settings tho which are that some devices dont get full access to the router, but i didnt change anything for the Wii U. Oh and my Wii U has the latest version, 5.5.1
Advice is appreciated :D

Last edited by Paiuand,

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On your Wii U, go to connection types and select "Manual Configuration"

Input the SSID of your router

Put in the type of security your router uses, make sure it matches exactly, this is important

Type in your password

For the ip address set it to "Do not auto obtain"

On your computer, open up a cmd prompt (or whatever they're called in windows, it's been a lot of years since I used windows lol) type in ipconfig and hit enter

On your Wii U put in the ip address you get from the ipconfig result, but add 10 onto the last number so 192.168.1.1 would become 192.168.1.11

Still on the Wii U, put in the the rest of the details such as the subnet mask and default gateway exactly as it is displayed in ipconfig

Press next then press "configure now" for the DNS and when your asked about the DNS press "Do not auto obtain"

For the first server enter 8.8.8.8

For the second server enter 8.8.4.4

Press Next and when asked about the proxy, press "no proxy" and leave the mtu as it is

All being well you should now be able to connect to the internet, well, that's the theory anyway lol

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
59 seems awfully high, is that not the address of the computer? You're looking for the address of the router. But if it is 59, then yeah add the 10 to that.

Essometer

Needs data
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
My router has some security settings tho which are that some devices dont get full access to the router, but i didnt change anything for the Wii U.

As you said in the OP, this has probably nothing to do with your Wii U, but with the settings
of your router. What kind of security settings were you talking about?

Paiuand

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I mean, there is a setting where you let a certain device only use a certain amount of internet, what i mean is for example: my iPad can only have internet at 4pm untl 6pm or it only allows it to use for ex 5 hours.
I didnt change anything for the Wii U

Essometer

Needs data
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
I see, did you have any kind of trouble connecting over devices to the router?
You have probably checked the secuty settings already, but from my perspective it sound
like these settings could be part of your problem.

What kind of router are you using?

Paiuand

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I am using, as you might now since you live in Germany, FRITZ!Box.
No it works fine with other devices.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a question, why does it work if i open a hotspot?

Essometer

Needs data
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
yeah, im using a fritzbox 7390 as well. My Wii U had no problems connecting to it.
Is the Wii U listet in the List under Internet->Filter->Kindersicherung?

Where do you open a hotspot?

EDIT: If you are using Connectify with your PC, you are bypassing the security settings of your router. The router only sees the PC traffic, but don't know that the Wii U is actually behind the PC.

Last edited by Essometer,

Essometer

Needs data
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, is the Wii U listet in Heimnetz-> Heimnetzübersicht?
When connecting the Wii U to your router, please leave Steard advice a side for the
moment. Let the Wii U auto optain everything.
Its strange that the Wii U is not listet there, everythin that is connected should show up in der Kindersicherung list.

EDIT: I don't know how old your fritzbox is, but you could try to connect to it using WPS, if your fritzbox support it.

Last edited by Essometer,

Paiuand

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
It isnt listed cuz i cant connect it, It wont use the router because it cant get internet from it

Essometer

Needs data
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
Oh, I thought you can use the connection to the router even if the Wii U can't connect
to the internet. I'm sorry, but diagnosing connection problems over the internet on a form is always a pain.

I don't know how many Zugangprofile you have, but could you try to set them all to "Unbegenzt" and try to connect the
the Wii U again?

That is really the only thing that comes to my mind. The other settings that I have in mind would just refuse the connection to the
router entirely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.