Homebrew HzMod - old3DS screen streaming

• Thread starter Sono
  • Start date
  • Views 250,175
  • Replies 573
  • Likes 102

What should be HorizonModule renamed to?

• HzMod

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • HzModule

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • HzProc

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • HzDbg

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • HzDebug

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So when I first saw this, I wasn't sure what it was. But I am guessing this is basically an open-source replacement to NTR?
Which if that's the case, you get the Crystal stamp of approval! If not, you still get a Crystal stamp of approval for making an open-source project and contributing to the community! :mthr:

Reactions: StarTrekVoyager

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I didn't the first time, I enabled it the second time and it was better but my device still took a performance hit.

wait what... my new3DS doesn't slow down AT ALL... how is it possible?!

So when I first saw this, I wasn't sure what it was. But I am guessing this is basically an open-source replacement to NTR?
Which if that's the case, you get the Crystal stamp of approval! If not, you still get a Crystal stamp of approval for making an open-source project and contributing to the community! :mthr:

it says in the second sentence that this was started as a "trying-to-be NTR clone" :P but ye, nice

Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
it says in the second sentence that this was started as a "trying-to-be NTR clone" :P but ye, nice
I may or may not have been drinking most of the night.
(i've been drink)

Reactions: Sono

Xandrid

Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
Can you please explain what graphical glitches? It sounds like you're using an outdated version :/

I'm using the latest version, and it would have these minor glitches on screen. Like on a white screen some black would appear from the previous screen or something like that

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm using the latest version, and it would have these minor glitches on screen. Like on a white screen some black would appear from the previous screen or something like that

umm... I'm 100% sure that bug is fixed already. if you could show me a video of it I would appreciate it

durbanpoison29

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Works for me on new 3ds in 11.4, but 15 fps max and the console works in slow motion.
Unusable in the current state, what is the use of HorizonM.cia?
It settles but is not...

Reactions: CuriousTommy

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

umm... first of all, it's slow as fuck. second, it's really messed up indeed. are you sure it's a new3DS? it looks like HorizonM thins it's running on an old3DS >_>
this is the weirdest glitch I have seen so far :/

Works for me on new 3ds in 11.4, but 15 fps max and the console works in slow motion.
Unusable in the current state, what is the use of HorizonM.cia?
It settles but is not...

how in the FooF it's possible for the new3DS one to lag the system out?! aaaaaaaaaaa new unknown bugs, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

durbanpoison29

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have the same worries as in the video of Xandrid, the console lag thoroughly and the stream is between 5/15 fps in the games and in loads it goes up to 25 fps.
Sorry for my english made in google.

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy fuck! Memory editing???!!! Please say this means real time cheat search! We NEED this feature and it has been confirmed that NTR has no plans for it. If this becomes a feature, u will have solidified your spot as the replacer of ntr.

Xandrid

Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

umm... first of all, it's slow as fuck. second, it's really messed up indeed. are you sure it's a new3DS? it looks like HorizonM thins it's running on an old3DS >_>
this is the weirdest glitch I have seen so far :/

how in the FooF it's possible for the new3DS one to lag the system out?! aaaaaaaaaaa new unknown bugs, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yup, 100% sure n3ds xl

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

First 50ish seconds is normal performance, HorizonM is started but not connected the client, after that I connect the client and slow down issues kick in.

N3DS 11.4 EU.

ugh... this must be a 11.4 issue, as it's reported that for most people it doesn't even start on 11.4 old3DS... can you please join the Discord server if you have time? this seems to be a very weird new bug which I don't know the cause of. I mean, it works fine on my new3DS, so I don't know what's happening here :/

I have the same worries as in the video of Xandrid, the console lag thoroughly and the stream is between 5/15 fps in the games and in loads it goes up to 25 fps.
Sorry for my english made in google.

I think that must be a HorizonScreen issue, but it still looks like it's running in old3DS mode, so idk, I'll have to look around more

Holy fuck! Memory editing???!!! Please say this means real time cheat search! We NEED this feature and it has been confirmed that NTR has no plans for it. If this becomes a feature, u will have solidified your spot as the replacer of ntr.

well... you'd have to do it manually via the built-in memory viewer, but it's definitely doable

Yup, 100% sure n3ds xl

I'll have to look around 11.4 changes in more depth, it seems like they built a virtual wall inside the kernel which makes the stability rise so high that it overflows

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hehe, if you manage to make the game lag at a constant framerate and to record at a constant framerate too (for example the game runs at 15fps instead of 60, and you record at 15 fps too), we wouldn't be able to stream, but at least we could record Smash replays at 60fps (once we speed the video up) :P

Reactions: Quantumcat and Sono

Xandrid

Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
ugh... this must be a 11.4 issue, as it's reported that for most people it doesn't even start on 11.4 old3DS... can you please join the Discord server if you have time? this seems to be a very weird new bug which I don't know the cause of. I mean, it works fine on my new3DS, so I don't know what's happening here :/

I think that must be a HorizonScreen issue, but it still looks like it's running in old3DS mode, so idk, I'll have to look around more

well... you'd have to do it manually via the built-in memory viewer, but it's definitely doable

I'll have to look around 11.4 changes in more depth, it seems like they built a virtual wall inside the kernel which makes the stability rise so high that it overflows
I'm actually on 11.3

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, I don't even know what that is :/
It a Wii U RAM debugger and cheat code manager. It was created by BullyWiiPlaza. If you have a hacked Wii U, I recommend you give it a try!

I have never worked with cheats before.
I know that BullyWiiPlaza has been working on TCP Gecko, which is the server that is installed on the Wii U to do memory hacks. Also CosmoCortney has created a codehandler for TCP Gecko (There are even other people, like wj44, MWPlayer123, and Kinnay, but I am not sure if they are active). You can ask them for advice.

Last edited by CuriousTommy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...