Hyperdimension Idol Neptune PP Opening Revealed

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So much hate....toward Idol games....the Neptune series is normally a RPG this is it taking a chance by trying an Idol game.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So much hate....toward Idol games....the Neptune series is normally a RPG this is it taking a chance by trying an Idol game.

Because the concept it apes/derives from is so wholesome - http://gbatemp.net/threads/tomomi-i...i-minegishi-must-stay-celibate-thread.342239/

And because the games themselves are such shining masterpieces of game design (my knowledge here is admittedly a bit lacking but I do read up on every 360 game that gets released, kept abreast of the handheld world and do OK for most other console ones).

There are cases where dress up and fanservice type stuff can work, indeed some of the card and puzzle games with it as a core mechanic are actually half decent implementations of the games they base themselves on* and have mechanics of note as well, if we are going rhythm games with something like it then space channel 5 and I would remiss not to mention that dress up is a fairly large component of probably my favourite game of recent times (resonance of fate). However idol games are to those what pay to win flash games are to networked games in general: far from being deemed unworthy of existing but hardly a cause for high praise.

*the better ones do include an option to say say "stow it and give me the game" mind you.

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Because the concept it apes/derives from is so wholesome - http://gbatemp.net/threads/tomomi-i...i-minegishi-must-stay-celibate-thread.342239/

And because the games themselves are such shining masterpieces of game design (my knowledge here is admittedly a bit lacking but I do read up on every 360 game that gets released, kept abreast of the handheld world and do OK for most other console ones).

There are cases where dress up and fanservice type stuff can work, indeed some of the card and puzzle games with it as a core mechanic are actually half decent implementations of the games they base themselves on* and have mechanics of note as well, if we are going rhythm games with something like it then space channel 5 and I would remiss not to mention that dress up is a fairly large component of probably my favourite game of recent times (resonance of fate). However idol games are to those what pay to win flash games are to networked games in general: far from being deemed unworthy of existing but hardly a cause for high praise.

*the better ones do include an option to say say "stow it and give me the game" mind you.
You are referencing my own thread which got horribly derailed........... I love idol culture, I love idol games. This will be a great game, as I love the Neptune series.

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Derailed and having a nasty practice have the light of day shined upon it are not the same thing.
it was about Tomomi Itano graduating, it originally had nothing to with Minami Minegishi

Intensely niche gamers getting defensive over their intensely niche gaming habits...
Neptune may not sell millions but it sells well for the company that releases it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: GM all