Not open for further replies.

Deathwing Zero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No, it actually was confirmed to be delayed by Hykem.

People keep quoting that over and over and over and yet don't seem to realize that doesn't confirm any delay. At all. It CAN mean that, given that "vacations" in in quotations, but, do you know what else it could mean? That he just has more time to work on it. Until he himself says it'll be delayed, or through some one else like SonyUSA or Zecoxao (for example), then he's on schedule. Also all the people saying he's posted release dates and promises, neither of those have happened. He's given release ESTIMATES, and never once promised it would be within that time frame. Simply estimates based on his current progress and/or rate of work. In regards to the Christmas "release" he just had simply hoped to have it coincide with the date, it doesn't mean it was some confirmed date.

The only evidence we have to the contrary is flimsy at best. The first of which is the current date, only a few days left of January, but we don't know how far along he is with obfuscation and anything else he (and others) are intending on releasing alongside the IOSU exploit. The second is the update that Zecoxao gave us saying that work on porting to several firmwares was still underway. Both of those say nothing about a delay, they may cause one, they may not.

EDIT: Quote fail.

Last edited by Deathwing Zero,

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody really know what this is going to be able to do when it does get released?
It sounds like the main delay is to make sure it can't be used to run loadiine or downgrade a console from 5.5.1 to 5.3.2

I'm just wondering if all of these people waiting for this to come out are going to be in for a shock...
i've been looking around everywhere for info on this. did he say no loadiine use and no downgrades? either way it doesn't matter to me since im on 5.3.2. just looking for more info

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it almost seems like naerwhert talked him into obfuscating it. which has delayed the release a bit. It's done but not obfuscated. :/

which he at one point stated wouldnt do much to stop nintendo anyway... and then at another point said he was doing it to help prevent piracy.. so idfk whats going on.
Was the comment about doing it to help prevent piracy a public statement, or was that "a friend of my sister's ex-boyfriend's 3rd cousin's best friend's neighbor told me that...." type of deal?

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was the comment about doing it to help prevent piracy a public statement, or was that "a friend of my sister's ex-boyfriend's 3rd cousin's best friend's neighbor told me that...." type of deal?
It was him saying in a public IRC channel that the obfuscation is mostly to hinder piracy. SonyUSA posted that the IRC log was authentic. That's the gist of what I remember

I think it's very probable this exploit will be anti-piracy, meaning 95% of the people waiting in this thread all day every day are wasting their time.

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was him saying in a public IRC channel that the obfuscation is mostly to hinder piracy. SonyUSA posted that the IRC log was authentic. That's the gist of what I remember

I think it's very probable this exploit will be anti-piracy, meaning 95% of the people waiting in this thread all day every day are wasting their time.
Same thought here.
I have both a 5.3.2 running loadiine connected to a Android cell phone with no SIM card (so it can never connect) and a 5.5.1 for online use, so I'm just interested in how (if?) this will pan-out.

shibi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the wait is painful. But once Hykem's project is released we will all benefit from it. Let's all be patient and at the same time thankful for Hykem and the rest of the people working on this. What they are doing is beyond our abilities so stay positive and optimistic.

Reactions: nonameboy

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
Literally no one has read his "vacations" are EXTENDED to the END of February?
Also once it's out, you have to wait even more for people writing homebrew, making some open-source, etc.

Anyway, hope it's possible to stream the 3DS screens to TV wirelessly with this exploit!
I know that. But the sooner it's out the sooner homebrew is made

Oh No

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or have you never -ever- been late for anything in your life, ever?
Have I been late to the same thing 3 consecutive times in my life, ever? Can't say I have. Patience is a great thing to practice, yes, but many of us have purposely stayed away from our consoles due to his announcement over a month ago only to be met with delay after delay. If he's simply going to pop in, announce a new delay and then go dark for several weeks yet again, people are going to get frustrated. Especially when it happens multiple times for the same project. This isn't even making mention of the supposed anti-piracy measures that his clique briefly mentioned and is now keeping oh-so-quiet about. People have reason to be frustrated and vent a bit at this point, not everyone is going to kiss his ass around the clock before he's even delivered anything. I don't know if that's genuinely hard to understand or if people are just brown-nosing in the hopes he pushes it out a few minutes earlier than he would have.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have I been late to the same thing 3 consecutive times in my life, ever? Can't say I have. Patience is a great thing to practice, yes, but many of us have purposely stayed away from our consoles due to his announcement over a month ago only to be met with delay after delay. If he's simply going to pop in, announce a new delay and then go dark for several weeks yet again, people are going to get frustrated. Especially when it happens multiple times for the same project. This isn't even making mention of the supposed anti-piracy measures that his clique briefly mentioned and is now keeping oh-so-quiet about. People have reason to be frustrated and vent a bit at this point, not everyone is going to kiss his ass around the clock before he's even delivered anything. I don't know if that's genuinely hard to understand or if people are just brown-nosing in the hopes he pushes it out a few minutes earlier than he would have.

Exploits get announced in advance to warn people against any potential update between the announcement and the release. But whatever, that's besides the point. You are free to use your console right now. And I'm not even talking in the sense of "nobody is forcing you to wait for Hykem if you don't have the patience". No. I'm saying that you can update to 5.5.1 and you will still be able to enjoy the benefits of IOSU when it's released. Is it really that hard to understand? No one is telling you to remain at 1.0 for years upon years. If you decide not to update and not use your console, that's your call.

You like being a martyr for a non-existent cause? Suit yourself. But don't try to blame Hykem or anyone for your own decisions.

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country

You write like you are hard done by. You are not entitled to this, none of us are. There hasn't been delays, because he never provided us with a solid release date. He has said he would like to get it out by Christmas and then told us that something he had found resulted in him holding it back. The only solid date we have is "before February" and this hasn't changed yet. Yes his vacation has been extended but he never said that it would result in a delay of the release of the exploit.

If you don't like it, simply unfollow the thread. I am fed up of seeing posts like this, "I'm frustrated because something I haven't paid for nor have any right to isn't ready yet".

Just wait like the rest of us. We still have 2 more days of January yet. If nothing materialises by then, fine complain but wait until the actual release date is past first.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really glad it's safe to update from 5.5.0 to 5.5.1.
An old co-worker would like to play Super Mario Maker at my place in a few weeks. I guess I disable tubehax for now and update.

Although I rather stay on 5.5.0 just incase, but I don't want to let her down lol

kargath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard that he's waiting for this thread to die down before he'll release it. He's been having far too much fun watching the extreme stupidity here and knows it will all come to an end once it's out.

I think he said something like if there's fewer than 10 posts during an entire week (7 consecutive days), then he'll know the community is finally ready for his awesomesauce.

I'm pretty sure he also said if this thread hits 6000 posts before he releases it, then he's dropping the project and going on permanent vacation.

I sincerely hope he was serious and sticks to his guns. Because I really don't think the people around here can handle the mission he's tasked us with... And it'll be fun to watch everyone's head explode once he completely cans the thing.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://i.ibb.co/ryyCd9J/20240526-163308.jpg I got a new friend guys