Hacking Hykem's 5.5 iosu Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somebody told me that Hykem will release the IOUS on April 23th (the hackers day) and it will be call ¨Wii U Hykem IOUS Exploit¨, and it will work up to 5.5.1 and possible any other 5.5+, so now, at least you have the date and the name, so be patient.

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country
Somebody told me that Hykem will release the IOUS on April 23th (the hackers day) and it will be call ¨Wii U Hykem IOUS Exploit¨, and it will work up to 5.5.1 and possible any other 5.5+, so now, at least you have the date and the name, so be patient.

Not being funny but with only 33 posts here I don't think many people would believe you

Reactions: josh87402

zecoxao

Trophies
XP
Country
IOUS Exploit. fancy :)

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why all the info you need to know is on page 1 so you don't have to look at every page

Oh and NO ONE KNOWS if it will be OK for later if 5.5.2 or greater comes out.

Yeah, except the first post wasn't clear enough for me about the future beyond 5.5.1, that it why as I said I was asking for verification. By the way, what you just said right here about 5.5.2 pretty much is the exact opposite of what I was being told in regard to my question, so you can see why I might be confused and was asking for clarity.

Last edited by duffmmann,

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, except the first post wasn't clear enough for me about the future beyond 5.5.1, that it why as I said I was asking for verification. By the way, what you just said right here about 5.5.2 pretty much is the exact opposite of what I was being told in regard to my question, so you can see why I might be confused and was asking for clarity.
How can anyone know if it's safe to update past 5.5.1 if it is the latest firmware?
Zzzzzz:teach::glare:

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can anyone know if it's safe to update past 5.5.1 if it is the latest firmware?
Zzzzzz:teach::glare:

Ugh... no. My original question was:

Do we now know that if we updated to 5.5.1 that we will be safe when 5.5.2 or later comes out. Keep in mind I wouldn't update to the new firmware, but I was curious if we found some sort of code in 5.5.1 where the internet browser would detect was FW you are on and if it isn't the latest firmware, wouldn't give you access to the internet browser like the 3DS did.

This has been the reason many of us were hesitant to update from 5.5 to 5.5.1 despite the fact that 5.5.1 seemed safe.

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country

I get what you are saying but again no one knows anything about 5.5.2 and what it will hold. I mean it could just be a exploit fix or adding new things to the Wii U but everyone will find out when it gets released and again no one knows when or if it will be.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get what you are saying but again no one knows anything about 5.5.2 and what it will hold. I mean it could just be a exploit fix or adding new things to the Wii U but everyone will find out when it gets released and again no one knows when or if it will be.

Well I'm not concerned about what 5.5.2 will hold. I'm concerned about what 5.5.1 may hold. I was curious if we found some sort of code in 5.5.1 where the internet browser would detect was FW you are on and if it isn't the latest firmware, wouldn't give you access to the internet browser like a certain update on the 3DS FW did.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm not concerned about what 5.5.2 will hold. I'm concerned about what 5.5.1 may hold. I was curious if we found some sort of code in 5.5.1 where the internet browser would detect was FW you are on and if it isn't the latest firmware, wouldn't give you access to the internet browser like a certain update on the 3DS FW did.
The devs haven't found any that looks like the code from the 3DS, but that doesn't mean it's not there

rw-r-r_0644

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As far as I know, if crediar confirmed it's safe to update, he should have looked into it. I tried opening 5.5.1 browser with hex editor, but I haven't found any string at all, so I guess it's crypted. Anyway I updated my wii u.

Last edited by rw-r-r_0644,

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The devs haven't found any that looks like the code from the 3DS, but that doesn't mean it's not there

Yeah, and that's ultimately what I was asking about the other day. Hykem said it was OK, and I was just curious if that meant they combed through the code and were able to verify that no such code is implemented.

But you're right ultimately, even if they say it looks safe doesn't mean there isn't something hidden away not recognized as that kind of thing. Ultimately, update at your own risk, it seems safe, but there is no guarantee that such code was or wasn't implemented. I just think that 5.5.1 was released a bit suspicously fast after 5.5.0 and it slightly concerns me.

zecoxao

Trophies
XP
Country
As far as I know, if crediar confirmed it's safe to update, he should have looked into it. I tried opening 5.5.1 browser with hex editor, but I haven't found any string at all, so I guess it's crypted. Anyway I updated my wii u.
it's an rpl, you need the loader aerosoul released for IDA (and IDA itself) to take a look at it. OR you could convert it to elf using some tools that are available online :)

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh... no. My original question was:

Do we now know that if we updated to 5.5.1 that we will be safe when 5.5.2 or later comes out. Keep in mind I wouldn't update to the new firmware, but I was curious if we found some sort of code in 5.5.1 where the internet browser would detect was FW you are on and if it isn't the latest firmware, wouldn't give you access to the internet browser like the 3DS did.

This has been the reason many of us were hesitant to update from 5.5 to 5.5.1 despite the fact that 5.5.1 seemed safe.

What started this rumor mill scare train?

So far nothing has been stated that is true.
Even if it was we could always use another entry exploit other than the internet browser. Or just buy another cheap Wii U off eBay.

And on another speculation. The NX is coming out this year and the Wii U appears to be slowly dying off. Don't get me wrong I love the console but it was a failure in terms of popularity.
I don't think Nintendo is going to be putting too much time into creative things other than patching exploits.

Last edited by crwys,

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Even if it was we could always use another entry exploit other than the internet browser. Or just buy another cheap Wii U off eBay.

And on another speculation. The NX is coming out this year and the Wii U appears to be slowly dying off. Don't get me wrong I love the console but it was a failure in terms of popularity.
I don't think Nintendo is going to be putting too much time into creative things other than patching exploits.

I wouldn't count on the NX this year.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The fact that the 3DS did this very thing with one of its firmware updates. Frankly i find it odd Nintendo hasn't already implemented such a thing into the Wii U.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU