Hacking Hykem's 5.5 iosu Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my perspective he really hasn't hyped anyone up intentionally. No sunglasses and boombox, he makes seldom post just trying to calm the waters. We've had a browser and kernel exploit for almost a year now in which people were chomping at the bit to get their hands on. Yet there has been minimum stuff developed. Can you tell me the first thing you are going to do once the IOSU exploit is released?

Just saw this, and from what is available right now, probably attempt to learn some things about Wii U file types and honestly I really just want to mess with Caffeine, and someone was saying they are working on a sort of mod for Smash that would allow for an extension to the number of songs and stages available which is something I'm very interested in. On a less personal note I'm hoping that once there is a release for a lot of people more interest will come with emulators and game modding, although that hope is probably lost since the majority of things releasing in the scenes these days are just ways to perform piracy, and POC's on game modding that ultimately go unreleased for some reason. My hope is more for the community to fill in the gaps once IOSU goes public, since from my understanding it will basically give us complete control much like the original Wii.

Also Gamecube games with gamepad inputs would be nice, and I remember reading it may be remotely possible. As for why I assume you were asking: I have no use for loadiine as I have bought all of the games I really want on the Wii U digitally, although being able to have all of my Wii/GC/Wii U games on one drive is also appealing, as I currently have to switch constantly and worry I'll accidentally format my other drive.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Hype train is real and people are anxious, at least understand the process of what is going on here for many of us and why there is so much insanity on the threads.

1) Discount Xmas WIIu's from Best Buy and Zelda finally on the way this year so many of us recently adopted.
2) Xmas disappointment when we open our WiiU's and discover they are 5.5
3) Checking GBAtemp Homebrew situation to see if we should return or not and try to acquire a 5.3.2
4) Hykem announcing a probable Xmas/Soon release, leading many to keep their 5.5's.

Then we get a massive dump of updates and releases all in one day, if that's not fuel for a hype train I don't know what is.
hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: codychaosx

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country

Dark_AleX

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.dark-alex.org
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Dark Alex in the house!

We need a gif of that clip from star wars awakens trailer.... Referring to the legend/myth that is dark_alex from all those years ago.

Han solo: "it's true.... all of it"
I'm sorry to disappoint, but I'm not coming back... maybe ever. Hykem, Smea, Wololo, yellows8 and many more on the scene are the geniuses. They are the ones who deserves the legend/myth title
Let's go back to Hykem's exploit, guys ;D

ssrpgvita

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its still waiting game guys i rather wait for exploit doesnt require use of internet,
in case accidental update.ive had my wii u disable wifi for months,no tubehax dns thinking of were getting iosu.
worst case scenario ill get wifi sd card,heres hopeing exploit doesnt require internet..or exploit automatically disables nintendos update scheme
from auto dloading comes out. fact 3ds wont auto update past 9.20 is good thing can we get same thign for wii u id be happy

Cylent1

Community Smart Ass!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in case anybody needs clarifation, Hykem had said this courtesy of wololo!

Like I stated before, I have the entire month of January free just to work on this and the exploit will be released and maintained before February (yes, I’m sure of that).
Now the good news, which should explain the additional delay. I need some time to pursue something I found in the MCP module. If I’m correct about this, we should be able to get a boot-time exploit. The reason for that is that the MCP module is responsible for launching “master” titles (like the PPC kernel, for example) and I found a bug that, if it turns out to be exploitable, should allow to hijack execution while MCP is still preparing to launch stuff. This means, early IOSU access and a direct boot into an exploitable environment. Not to mention that MCP is the IOSU user module with most privileges (next to BSP that is) and having access to it alone is more than enough to own the IOSU kernel at any given time.
I believe it’s important to look into this because if it works, no one will have to worry about possibly bricking consoles by installing custom titles (homebrew channel, for example) and then attempting to launch them before triggering the exploit again after a fresh boot.

and I for 1 would prefer to wait as long as it needs to for something like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, For my birthday I will go to the movies and then we will go to a restaurant where...