HYC (Hack Your Console) Canceling Pre-Orders

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jastolze, Aug 10, 2013.

1. jastolze
    OP

jastolze GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2012
    United States
    Hello we want to inform you that we are no longer in service since August 6, 2013.
    We apologize to inform you that all pre-orders and recent orders from new customers have been cancelled. We hope you understand and once again we apologize for any inconvenience this might had caused you.
    Sincerely;
    HackYourConsole.com

This is the email I received from them. I would assume they didn't charge my card? Also, I got this like 3 days ago, but am just now posting it.

Has anyone one else gotten this email?

2. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    Given the current lawsuit, it's completely unsurprising they've shut down. If the item didn't ship (I'm assuming we're talking Gateway cards), then there's no reason for you to have been charged.

3. Auyx

Auyx GBAtemp's Unofficial Sanic impersonator

Jun 20, 2007
    Staffordshire
    Would have been nice for them to amend there homepage to say they shut down. I just checked and there checkout is still active.

4. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    That email isn't surprising. According to a public court filing, Nintendo sought a temporary injunction against HYC's sales. Probably was granted but don't know for sure.