Hacking HWFly V6 install successful

bbarnes11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1687531213989.png

I purchased a HWfly v6 chip / ribbons from ebay a few weeks back. I was a little wary b/c i hadn't seen a version of HWfly that looked like this (different 3.3v location), however since then i've seen them pop up in different places.

I installed the chip this week with the included ribbons and used the usb attachment to update the FW to 2.73 from the picofly thread.

1687531374407.png

Not a super pretty install, but it works. I've never soldered this small before.... and it is SMALL. I used a sub-$20 usb microscope and a Hakko 888 and paste flux, it was ok... I solder bridged SP1 at one point and was able to solder wick it without killing/displacing the cap.... Yikes...

Anyways, its workingl! Just wanted to share that these work well w/ the 'known' picofly FW.

Last edited by bbarnes11,

gzxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 379529

I purchased a HWfly v6 chip / ribbons from ebay a few weeks back. I was a little wary b/c i hadn't seen a version of HWfly that looked like this (different 3.3v location), however since then i've seen them pop up in different places.

I installed the chip this week with the included ribbons and used the usb attachment to update the FW to 2.73 from the picofly thread.

View attachment 379530

Not a super pretty install, but it works. I've never soldered this small before.... and it is SMALL. I used a sub-$20 usb microscope and a Hakko 888 and paste flux, it was ok... I solder bridged SP1 at one point and was able to solder wick it without killing/displacing the cap.... Yikes...

Anyways, its workingl! Just wanted to share that these work well w/ the 'known' picofly FW.
can you please PM me with whatever instructions you used? hwfly store on ali gave me a drive with 100 diff files but I don't understand which ones I'm supposed to be following with the new v6 chips

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: speaking of roasted nuts, do you guys prefer your peanuts salted or honey roasted?