ROM Hack Hwfly modship working on Nintendo Switch Oled

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It was only a matter of time. Even if the form factor is not directly compatible, nothing is preventing someone crazy enough from manually soldering wires to all the correct points.
I expect that updating homebrew to work should not be much trouble as the hardware is largely unchanged this time around.

Reactions: mvmiranda

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm desperately looking for a OLED model locally to try this out.
Though I was thinking of the pinouts would be "something else".
After a second though and seeing the video I noticed I was having a "wrong assumption".

Also, I wonder why he didn't use a "SX Lite" one?
Technically, the SX Lite already has the solder points "exposed" on the flat cables. Right?

Reactions: Maupiti

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just so everyone knows...its the same chipset, but no hardware maker has made a custom set up for OLED, so this is incredibility impractical.

but if the demand is there, it will come....

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
just so everyone knows...its the same chipset, but no hardware maker has made a custom set up for OLED, so this is incredibility impractical.

but if the demand is there, it will come....

It looks like things are moving around, and they had to run a lot of long wires to accommodate the mod chip which isn't design for the model.

Either there are a lot more wiring involved or a new clone chip will be made for these rearrangements

Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like things are moving around, and they had to run a lot of long wires to accommodate the mod chip which isn't design for the model.

Either there are a lot more wiring involved or a new clone chip will be made for these rearrangements
I believe you are saying this based on the messy install, Install can be cleaner of course. It's actually quite the opposite, to only have to run 4 wires + what looks like 2 grounds is a godsend. Very very basic install. It's point C that will deter most if an alternate point isn't found. We need some more info and how tight the core fits inside / placement / buldge etc. Would be nice to get on OLED only chip. We have to wait and see I suppose. ( I guess placement is where it lines up with the ribbon).

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Nintendo doesn't want people put modchips in their Switches they shouldn't have patched the rcm exploit in the first place!
Great idea but it means third party developers may be less likely to port their games if Nintendo didn't take "security" seriously.

but it doesn't affect me and I prefer first party games all way.

sean222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do we know this video of the OLED being hacked is with the HWFLY? The chip in the picture looks exactly like the original SX Core...if you google images of the HWFLY Core, they ALL look different from what is in this video.

sadwjp

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm desperately looking for a OLED model locally to try this out.
Though I was thinking of the pinouts would be "something else".
After a second though and seeing the video I noticed I was having a "wrong assumption".

Also, I wonder why he didn't use a "SX Lite" one?
Technically, the SX Lite already has the solder points "exposed" on the flat cables. Right?
I would say no, it makes sense that in a development stage you use a "bulky" solution that you know that it works on a similar board, also the the NS Lite board has a complete different design (because of it's size) so it might be more difficult to adapt the chip... but I'm speculating... nevertheless it would be nice to try it out :P

sadwjp

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How do we know this video of the OLED being hacked is with the HWFLY? The chip in the picture looks exactly like the original SX Core...if you google images of the HWFLY Core, they ALL look different from what is in this video.
no it does not, check it ;)

HWFLY.png

but even if it was it's running spacecraft so...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: