HWFLY chips will brick your OLED. Here is how to avoid it

First things first, I should start by saying that if you have an OLED-specific clone chip you're fine.

Anyways, all HWFLY Lite chips come with Spacecraft v1. For those that don't know, Spacecraft v1 sets certain pins to 5V that shouldn't be set to that on an OLED.

You can find more info in the readme of my application here: https://github.com/Pheeeeenom/payloadchecker

All this application does is check the payload that's currently written and checks it to verified hashes stored in the program.

Steps to follow are:

Boot hekate
Dump BOOT0
Check it on application

If you have a genuine modchip, update it to the latest Spacecraft v2 before you install it into an OLED.

The OLED-specific modchip also comes with broken USB debugging, if you want to fix this issue you will need to write this repaired firmware binary.

P4RI4H

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, quick question regarding the Lite HWFLY on OLED. If i read this correctly, having the updated firmware mitigates the issue with OLED?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk

fragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, quick question regarding the Lite HWFLY on OLED. If i read this correctly, having the updated firmware mitigates the issue with OLED?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk
Unless it's one of the brand new updatable HWFLY OLED V4.1 chips that look like a Lite you'll probably not be able to update a HWFLY Lite.
Some might have updated Spacecraft-NX 0.2.0, but you won't know for sure until it's installed & you can dump boot0 to check it's payload. I would not trust many vendors, they have a tendency to lie to unload their old stock (looking at you MING! :angry:)
Unless you know for damn sure it's the brand new one, or has that 0.2.0 firmware I wouldn't let that Lite chip anywhere near an OLED Switch.

DawnWorkout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Excuse me
Do you have any information about Oled v4.1 chips?
I really want to know installation Guide video
But I can't see that in any website

DawnWorkout

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
It's just the flashable lite chip with oled wiring. Tempted to buy one for fun.
I look forward to your installation know-how.
The official seller says that it is easier to install than the previous model, but to me the parts look different and there is no guide video, so it is very difficult...

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I look forward to your installation know-how.
The official seller says that it is easier to install than the previous model, but to me the parts look different and there is no guide video, so it is very difficult...
I should use the 5 strand one instead. Dont recommended v4.1

Casual

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, so I'm not sure if the person who installed modchip did it the right way on my oled which didn't want to turn on after I turned it off(purple light then yellow light and sometimes red). So I tried to check and I get Unknown Payload/SX Payload? I already sent my oled to a more experience modder to repair it(which I should have gone with in the first place) Is it normal I'm getting that? Or if I understand correctly the modder didn't even do the correct job of updating the chip to the latest firmware?

m1804

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi I bought this as Hwfly Oled v5 on alie. Do you know if it is flashable and if it has spacecraft 0.2? Do you guys have any tutorial with this exactly model?

Attachments

• IMG_1136.jpg
    IMG_1136.jpg
    672.3 KB · Views: 121

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I bought this as Hwfly Oled v5 on alie. Do you know if it is flashable and if it has spacecraft 0.2? Do you guys have any tutorial with this exactly model?
Best to ask the seller first. Searched on aliexpress and didn't see any oled v5. Matter of fact that thing looks very close to oled v3 which is not upgradeable. Seems like they added the usb port to it and included a usb header, but the fpga chip is still the bga one like on oled v3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1