Hacking HW4444 acekard2i 3DS update?

Shivers21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Just got a 3ds and tried updating my ak2i on my old dsi to latest firware to run on my 3ds....I get the following error this cartridge can't be updated. Is it possible to update the HW4444 2i's to play on a 3DS yet? thanks.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope not possible and never will be.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Right, unfortunately the HW44 Acekard 2i's ARE NOT update-able past a certain DSi firmware.

EDIT: You should buy a DSTwo or an R4i Gold from r4ids.cn

Normally I would suggest another Acekard (as the current hardware revisions work fine) but the updates are slower than normal due to certain circumstances.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia

early on it was possible. personally, i believe that it still is possible. i don't see what could have changed, it was the same theory and the same pool of roms. it makes me wonder if they chose to do this from a marketing standpoint so that users wouldn't stick with the older design and instead update to the hwid 81 cards.

-another world

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

early on it was possible. personally, i believe that it still is possible. i don't see what could have changed, it was the same theory and the same pool of roms. it makes me wonder if they chose to do this from a marketing standpoint so that users wouldn't stick with the older design and instead update to the hwid 81 cards.

-another world
I think it's an issue of space on the cart. It's often not just a question of what game is used, but which data is requested to verify it. This became apparent after multiple carts started being able to update and still keep the same game headers, and even moreso when more complex carts (like the DStwo) could keep on using the same game while other carts (like the AK2i) had to switch over to other games to fake.

The less space the cart has for info to give, the more limited it is in the updates it can get since it can only present a set amount of info. We're seeing this over and over, carts with more bootloader space are much easier to update than ones with less, and those are often done in chronological order of release as well (newer carts having more space).
http://hackmii.com/2010/02/lawsuit-coming-in-3-2-1/
This uses the ARDSi as an example, and notes that it contains 912KB of data from the ROM in total.

The HW44 is an old model of AK2i, and my theory is it simply doesn't have enough space to store all the data needed for the newer checks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots