HW4444 acekard2i 3DS update?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Shivers21, Aug 8, 2012.

Aug 8, 2012
  1. Shivers21
    OP

Newcomer Shivers21 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi,

Just got a 3ds and tried updating my ak2i on my old dsi to latest firware to run on my 3ds....I get the following error this cartridge can't be updated. Is it possible to update the HW4444 2i's to play on a 3DS yet? thanks.

2. pyromaniac123

Member pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

United Kingdom
    Nope not possible and never will be.

3. Shivers21
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ok thanks, what should i buy? forgot to say its 3DS XL not 3DS

4. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Right, unfortunately the HW44 Acekard 2i's ARE NOT update-able past a certain DSi firmware.

EDIT: You should buy a DSTwo or an R4i Gold from r4ids.cn

Normally I would suggest another Acekard (as the current hardware revisions work fine) but the updates are slower than normal due to certain circumstances.

5. Shivers21
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks...any good resellers in england?

6. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    early on it was possible. personally, i believe that it still is possible. i don't see what could have changed, it was the same theory and the same pool of roms. it makes me wonder if they chose to do this from a marketing standpoint so that users wouldn't stick with the older design and instead update to the hwid 81 cards.

-another world

7. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I think it's an issue of space on the cart. It's often not just a question of what game is used, but which data is requested to verify it. This became apparent after multiple carts started being able to update and still keep the same game headers, and even moreso when more complex carts (like the DStwo) could keep on using the same game while other carts (like the AK2i) had to switch over to other games to fake.

The less space the cart has for info to give, the more limited it is in the updates it can get since it can only present a set amount of info. We're seeing this over and over, carts with more bootloader space are much easier to update than ones with less, and those are often done in chronological order of release as well (newer carts having more space).
    http://hackmii.com/2010/02/lawsuit-coming-in-3-2-1/
    This uses the ARDSi as an example, and notes that it contains 912KB of data from the ROM in total.

The HW44 is an old model of AK2i, and my theory is it simply doesn't have enough space to store all the data needed for the newer checks.