Hurricane/Tropical Storm Irene...

ShinyJellicent12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Sigh* Well, that's nice.
Hurricane Irene has had a major impact on the East Coast. From down trees and power lines, to fires and even deaths. Though this Category 1 hurricane/tropical storm was supposed to be a little weak, it caused widespread damage on the east coast due to its size and speed. On my street, there was no damage at all. Literally, nothing really happened. But most of Staten Island was flooded, and many people had to be rescued. I just hope that GBAtemp is OK after this devastating storm.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think anyone died in Maryland
unsure.gif

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My portion of Connecticut was untouched. A few people went without power for a few hours, but that's it. We got a very little amount of rain, low winds, and that's really it. There were a few backroads closed due to branches, but that happens every time it rains around here anyway, thank God.

I'm very glad nothing bad happened over here.

Xale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My portion of CT was touched alot...all the areas around me were lost power, but I didn't. It was weird though, cause people 2 blocks away lost power. The river was also starting to flood a bit...but it wasn't really that bad.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Around what area are you? I know Cheshire and Orange were hit pretty bad, but the New London/Montville/Uncasville/Norwich area was fine from what we've seen.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I live in Western Canada, nowhere near the hurricane, yet Irene still affected me.
You see, I ordered something from China. I was expecting it to come today, except UPS decided that it was a good idea to fly my package past where I am, to the east coast, before bringing it to me. RIGHT BEFORE THE AIRPORTS CLOSED. Seriously, WTF.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing major happened in Queens, NYC. Woke up in the morning after the hurricane happened and went outside to only see a bunch of leafs on the floor everywhere that was about it. The floors weren't even wet.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I live in southwestern ct and while 40% of my city's residents were without power i wasn't one of them. there was a good bit of flooding on the water, but again it didn't affect me. i'm about 3 miles up hill from the beach. my store however was closed on sunday due to a lack of power and i got to spend the day with my 7 month old son instead of working. Irene was pretty good to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: