Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Download: https://github.com/rsn8887/hurrican/releases/latest

# Hurrican port for Switch

This is my Switch port of Hurrican, a freeware jump and shoot game created by Poke53280 that is based on the Turrican game series. Blast your way through nine action-packed levels filled with different enemies and powerups.

Everything needed to play is already included in the archive.

Port by @rsn8887.

Visit my Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/rsn8887

Hurrican_Switch_2.jpg

Hurrican_Switch_1.jpg Hurrican_Switch_3.jpg Hurrican_Switch_4.jpg Hurrican_Switch_5.jpg

# Thanks

Thanks to Poke53280 team for making such a great game, releasing the source, and making it freeware.

Thanks to the other developers such as DKS and Pickle for extending the Hurrican source and adding SDL/OpenGL-ES support and more.

Thanks to ScHlAuChi for telling me about this.

Thanks to devkitPro for making Switch homebrew possible.

Thanks to my supporters on Patreon: Andyways, CountDuckula, Jason Crawford, Greg Gibson, Jesse Harlin, Özgür Karter, Matthew Machnee, Milenko, and RadicalR.

# Installation

- Download (see `assets` below), and unzip `Hurrican_switch.zip` and copy the contents over to the `/switch/` folder on your sd card, so that you have a folder `/switch/Hurrican` with many folders and files inside.

# Controls

- Left analog stick = walk/duck/aim (hold up/down to look)
- Dpad = walk/duck/aim (hold up/down to look)
- Y = shoot
- B = jump
- X = hold for lightning beam (control angle with stick/dpad left/right)
- A = powerline
- R = grenade
- L = cycle weapon type
- ZR = smart bomb

# Current Limitations

- Don't try to remap buttons in the controls menu, it asks for a button press, but doesn't react to Joycon input. The only way out is to force quit the game with the home button. If you mess up preferences, just delete `/switch/Hurrican/hurrican.cfg`

- The tutorial level (if you select "Start Tutorial" instead of "Start New Game") currently crashes just after loading.

# Building

```
git clone https://github.com/rsn8887/hurrican
cd hurrican/Hurrican/src
make clean
make Hurrican_switch.zip -j12
```
the zip file is created in the Hurrican folder, not in src.

# Changelog

v1.00

- First release on Switch

Last edited by rsn8887,

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I am quite sure he will port over crysis sooner or later with this pace.

Good job on this port! Need to try this.

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Download: https://github.com/rsn8887/hurrican/releases/latest

# Hurrican port for Switch

This is my Switch port of Hurrican, a freeware jump and shoot game created by Poke53280 that is based on the Turrican game series. Blast your way through nine action-packed levels filled with different enemies and powerups.

Everything needed to play is already included in the archive.

Port by @rsn8887.

Visit my Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/rsn8887

View attachment 167100

View attachment 167099 View attachment 167101 View attachment 167102 View attachment 167103

# Thanks

Thanks to Poke53280 team for making such a great game, releasing the source, and making it freeware.

Thanks to the other developers such as DKS and Pickle for extending the Hurrican source and adding SDL/OpenGL-ES support and more.

Thanks to ScHlAuChi for telling me about this.

Thanks to devkitPro for making Switch homebrew possible.

Thanks to my supporters on Patreon: Andyways, CountDuckula, Jason Crawford, Greg Gibson, Jesse Harlin, Özgür Karter, Matthew Machnee, Milenko, and RadicalR.

# Installation

- Download (see `assets` below), and unzip `Hurrican_switch.zip` and copy the contents over to the `/switch/` folder on your sd card, so that you have a folder `/switch/Hurrican` with many folders and files inside.

# Controls

- Left analog stick = walk/duck/aim (hold up/down to look)
- Dpad = walk/duck/aim (hold up/down to look)
- Y = shoot
- B = jump
- X = hold for lightning beam (control angle with stick/dpad left/right)
- A = powerline
- R = grenade
- L = cycle weapon type
- ZR = smart bomb

# Current Limitations

- Don't try to remap buttons in the controls menu, it asks for a button press, but doesn't react to Joycon input. The only way out is to force quit the game with the home button. If you mess up preferences, just delete `/switch/Hurrican/hurrican.cfg`

- The tutorial level (if you select "Start Tutorial" instead of "Start New Game") currently crashes just after loading.

# Building

```
git clone https://github.com/rsn8887/hurrican
cd hurrican/Hurrican/src
make clean
make Hurrican_switch.zip -j12
```
the zip file is created in the Hurrican folder, not in src.

# Changelog

v1.00

- First release on Switch
Wow! Thanks for this game! I loved to play this on PC, and now on Switch! I'm a big Turrican fan!
Btw, any chance of porting AM2R to the Switch too? There is a port for Vita already.

I feel like I've seen this picture before. Was this a WiiWare game?
Hurrican (or the original Turrican) was never released natively for the Wii. I guess you've seen Super Turrican / Super Turrican 2 for Wii VC.

Last edited by CaptainHIT,

gradius3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Need some help here. Game loads up, Intro plays, then while loading level 1 it freezes (ignored button reconfig and tutorial). Tried version 1.01. I am on latest ReiNX and I use a 256GB exFAT SD. Tried multiple times. Direct download via hb app store as well as manually copied to sd. Any ideas???

gradius3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did try exactly the way you described. STILL not working. I am really desperated. Tried downloading Prince of Persia and this plays without problems. Only Hurrican is always crashing for me...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended