Humble Monthly Bundle Service Announced

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by chavosaur, Oct 1, 2015.

1. chavosaur
    OP

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC

:arrow: SignUps

Sign Up begins today, and upon signing up, you will receive a steam code for Legends of Grimrock 2, a First Person Dungeon crawler. The first round of games will be available November 6th.

Margen67 likes this.

2. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    So playstation plus except more expensive? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited by Joe88, Oct 1, 2015
  3. sup3rgh0st

sup3rgh0st Top Tier Ghost

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    I would have to assume with something like this that the first month would be packed with great games, but would be pretty hit or miss from then on.

4. _v3

_v3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 12, 2013
    Croatia
    Well, you get to keep these games for ever, even after cancelling the sub.

Anyway back on topic, for 12$ it'd better not be some shitty indie games that barely got past greenlight on steam.

Last edited by _v3, Oct 2, 2015
  5. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Meh. Most of the humble bundles in general have been quite lackluster lately, I don't expect this to be much of worth either.

Pluupy likes this.
  6. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    Seems more like a Loot Crate for indie games since, as others have mentioned, you own everything you get from it even when you cancel.

7. LuckySteves

LuckySteves Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2011
    Canada
    I have no interest in the idea. When I buy a game, I want to be able to choose the game I buy. This seems like an easy way to get money while promising nothing, something I can't possibly support.

Speaking of the humble bundle, I feel that it's really gone downhill. I bought over a dozen of the bundles but haven't desired any of the recent ones. The current one is ok at best, offering early access and DIY figures with a coupon. A couple of enjoyable games are included, I've heard skullgirls is a lot of fun and Sir... seems like an alright stealth game, but in my memory I used to be interested in at least 3/4 of the offered games, and all of the below the average were worth the price. Now, I'm not so sure.

8. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    Sounds...retarded.

Humble Bundle really whored itself out. It used to be amazing. Now it's just meh. Sometimes has a good weekly bundle sometimes i'll get.\

As usual it became all about making money instead of raising it for a cause. 5% to charity is pretty pathetic

Tony_93 and Pluupy like this.
  9. orcid

orcid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    Australia
    the humblebundles used to be too good to be true. Nowadays there are crap games, dlc and promotion for free-to-play games in tier 1 and 2 and in tier 3 there is a good game with a fix price which is as high as or even higer than in other key stores. So I am not interested in this subscription service at all.
    Maybe there will be some good games in the first months. So that they can create a hype. Then they will start selling crap for 12$.
    I am so tired of the charity promotion. Humblebundle manager meeting: "Let's get 12$ instead of 10$. So we can say that we give 5% to charity."

Tony_93, flame1234 and Abcdfv like this.
  10. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Croatia
    Grand Line
    Soo does this work after they release the bundle or do you have to pay in advance not knowing what theyre offering?

11. Dimensional

Dimensional GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 7, 2008
    United States
    Texas
    Something tells me after. Makes me think of a Leap of Faith, only you really don't know if there's a bale of hay or water below you.

12. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    One of the big problems I have with the humble subscription, besides the fact that I like to know what I'm buying, is that there's no guarantee of Linux compatibility. One of the key foundations of the Humble Indie Bundle was that all games would be available DRM-free for Windows/Mac/Linux. Why should I pay $12 in advance for games that not only do I not know what they'll be, I don't know if they'll even be available on my platform.

13. shadow1w2

shadow1w2 Still here.

Mar 16, 2004
    United States
    CA
    Legend of Grimrock 2 is a good hook but I wouldn't be surprised if all the games were just repeat games from previous bundles.
    I'm curious to try once on its first run but no more than that as I know I'd be taking a chance.

At least with Groupees reservation able bundles they give their chat users a buncha clues before it goes live.
    I tend to like that a lot better than this blind bundle thing.

14. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    In their description of the service:
    "Discover games that haven't been featured in other bundles."

15. shadow1w2

shadow1w2 Still here.

Mar 16, 2004
    United States
    CA
    For some reason I don't trust that or think they might be scrapping the bottom of the barrel for it.
    I dunno, guess we'll find out.

16. king_leo

king_leo Real Hero

Sep 12, 2009
    De RigueurMortis
    So I've basically got a monthly $12 ticket for some crummy indie games, totally worth it.

17. Haloman800

Haloman800 a real gril

Dec 18, 2009
    United States
    Can you customize this (like in traditional bundles)? 5% to charity and a 95% profit is very low.

18. HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17 Splatoon Fan

Jul 1, 2015
    Canada
    Would you ever think that logo would have anything to do with gaming?

19. sonicrings

sonicrings GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 7, 2012
    Canada
    Johto
    The logo actually looks like they're packing up and ditching their quality service and are en route to becoming sellouts. :P

Tony_93 and HaloEffect17 like this.
  20. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    Seems fitting for a game developer with the pittance they're paid.

HaloEffect17 likes this.