Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
DarkShinigami said:
wait so what is this im not understanding. yea im easily confused
You donate any amount (even just a dollar) and get 5 free games and get to play Minecraft until August 14th
actually you get 6 games now
they sent out an email this morning that said "Steel Storm: Burning Retribution!" was added to the games

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pyrmon said:
machomuu said:
DarkShinigami said:
wait so what is this im not understanding. yea im easily confused
You donate any amount (even just a dollar) and get 5 free games and get to play Minecraft until August 14th
I tried getting the bundle for a single penny. It works!

Yeah you can donate ANY amount.
Sadly retards donate a penny quite often. It's pretty depressing frankly. I'd rather people just pirate the games instead of buying the bundle for under a $.

Shabutie78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
Sadly retards donate a penny quite often. It's pretty depressing frankly. I'd rather people just pirate the games instead of buying the bundle for under a $.
i donated ten cents and i'm not a retard.
that's all i can afford to give - i have 80 cents in my checking account which is all i'm going to have until i can find a job which isn't going to happen any time soon.
and hoenstly, i've bought both the frozen bundle and the third bundle for ten cents each because of this.
you think you're a better person for being able to afford to pay more?
that kind of defeats the spirit of "donating," doesn't it?

also, you're not associated at all with the HIB crew nor the developers of the games they include.
so why do you care about how much money other people are able to donate?
why you mad about money you have no part of AT ALL?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's like walking into a charitable event, throwing a penny at them and saying "Have fun with that."
It's insulting to the event, and it's ridiculous to try and justify something under a $.
"Oh but it's a choose your own price event!" "some people can't afford more!" bullcrap. I could easily afford a single $ at the age of 11. The only real factor of "can get the bundle" and "can't the the bundle" are if you have a way of sending money over the internet.

If you're wondering why I get annoyed at it, it's because I have some decency. It annoys me when people abuse a charitable event like it's some kind of joke.
It's a really good cause, and people just treat it like "lulz herpderp free gaimz"
That annoys the crap outta me. But it doesn't surprise me, because most people are retarded.

That said, it's always nice to see threads like this where someone spends a bit of extra cash to donate in someone elses name who couldn't donate themselves. It's very generous, and totally in the spirit of the event.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always given $10 for each bundle, which appears to 3x more than a typical Windows user seems to want to give. I gave $7.50 this time because I already had Cogs on Steam, but now that they added Steel Storm I'll probably bump it back to $10.

For people giving less than $1. You're costing them money due to Paypal costs and bandwidth costs. You might as well have pirated the games, at least then you wouldn't have cost them money for using up their bandwidth. The spirit of the bundle is to help developers, not kick them in the nuts because they hosted a free buffet for you.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought the rest of these for £10 each, and seeing as I got this one for nothing I bought my little brother this one today for £20. I can imagine PayPal may waiver the processing fees for this so hopefully the people paying $0.01 are still helping out even if they aren't getting into the spirit. I can also imagine file hosting is being donated and a lot of us are using the torrents instead of direct downloads...

dudenator and mrfatso, I still want to know if there's a charity you both really like.

doyama said:
The spirit of the bundle is to help developers, not kick them in the nuts because they hosted a free buffet for you.

I thought the spirit of the bundle was to give to charities and getting indie devs a bit more money + publicity was a happy side effect? I only ever give the devs of these 25%, and I can imagine some will put a fair amount of their profits from this into the EFF or Childsplay.

thhorde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pm Sent
biggrin.gif

As i said in the pm, you are probably the most generous person I have ever met!

mrfatso

That guy!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
damn u linux for bumping up the price, looks like i gonna try and top up as much as possible for all the new guys.

For those who were not able to get the 2nd bundle, but i apologized in advance.

edit: cool, they just toss in another game
ohmy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7