Hacking Huge exploit found on firmware 3.0.0: smhax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceuse

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As a windows admin myself this is so strange ^^ if you can install servies under local systems its basicly gg you own the system :-) hope the ppl who know alot more then i do will keep up the good work

Reactions: Deleted-355425

longlong14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbox 360 had efuses, and it had no problems doing the things people are claiming to be impossible for the switch

x65943

pronouns big/pingus
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I see this as another PS3 3.55 situation, only one truly vulnerable and viable firmware and the rest will patch any and all exploits. So yeah, to those who want to play the newer games, and not have a new firmware forced, good luck.

This is the safest way to view the situation, but given Ninty's history, I honestly expect further massive bugs to be discovered in the future.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nooooo, well let's atleast hope that the won't find away to run pirated games.

And yes, I'm on 3.0.1 and i couldn't care less that i won't i able to use this.
I have a good job that pays good and i have no problem with buying the games i want.

I haven't pirated a game since the Wii days.
Skickat från min F8331 via Tapatalk
So what? Did you just come here to tell everyone what a good little boy you are?

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Screw emulators, I would be more interested in messing around with short (but sweet) Unreal Engine 4 projects on the Switch (since UE4 has official support for it, for quite some time now).

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Dillw33d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Don't expect hax till next year," they said...

"Don't waste your time on 3.0.0," they said...

No that's fine...I can be patient.

Reactions: Emenaria

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be real funny if Sonic Mania was another exploit, considering the screens shot, home menu, and sleep mode function, the game makes sleep mode and such load slowly, when you try putting it in sleep mode during game play or trying to go to the home menu or screen shot.

I sometimes think it glitches.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very excited about this news. I've been on the fence about whether or not to get a Switch for a little while now... but with the possibility of homebrew in sight, I figured I had better try to find one on firmware 3.0.0 or less sooner rather than later.

Here's my quick story about finding a Switch today.

I was looking online to see if anyone had them in stock at the normal $299 price, but I didn't have any luck with that route. I did, however, see that on GameStop's home page they mention that a lot of stores have them in stock. Their online stock checker isn't working, so I called my local store and the guy picked up the phone stating "Thanks for calling GameStop where we have Nintendo Switch's in stock!" Anyhow, I just picked up the grey joy-con system for $299.99 + tax. The first thing I did was boot it straight into recovery mode (by holding the volume buttons while powering on) to verify the firmware version, and bam... 2.2.0! Nice!

So yeah, if you're looking for a Switch, check your local GameStop!

exactly what i did today too! i feel the locator is intentionally broken with a maze you have to figure out

Reactions: Nealio
D

Deleted User

i think what everybody forgets is SM Exploit means you can made an new user tru the SM Call which means open doors like a kind of root and maybe more powers like on GATEWAY now its about the DeVS to release an POC

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly i dont mind piracy because nobody is gonna buy Troll and I alongside other games, but sometimes piracy is a good thing take Game of Thrones for example. That show was cancelled after season 2 until they realized that it was the best show through piracy and then made everyone pay $5 a month to watch it. Im saying that sometimes piracy can help a company out by putting its name on the board, then they can take the proper measures to make sure fewer can pirate their stuff or people will flat out go and buy it.

but i absolutely dislike online cheatcodes, theyre the worst

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly i dont mind piracy because nobody is gonna buy Troll and I alongside other games, but sometimes piracy is a good thing take Game of Thrones for example. That show was cancelled after season 2 until they realized that it was the best show through piracy and then made everyone pay $5 a month to watch it. Im saying that sometimes piracy can help a company out by putting its name on the board, then they can take the proper measures to make sure fewer can pirate their stuff or people will flat out go and buy it.

but i absolutely dislike online cheatcodes, theyre the worst
Dude compared game of thrones piracy to console piracy lol

Reactions: gameboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @DolphinCube, no problem ^_^