huge card problem

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Primenay13, Jun 18, 2009.

Jun 18, 2009

huge card problem by Primenay13 at 2:44 AM (557 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Primenay13
    OP

Member Primenay13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am not sure what to do about this but I just got a brand new acekard and a class 2 sdhc 8gb sandisk card. Moonshell 2 gets a white screen sometimes and others an arm9 error. I format my card with the panasonic card formatter. Games work but they dont save and some hombrews don't work. pretty much all things go wrong. I am not using AKAIO im using official firmware. Could it be because the card is a class 2? What do the classes mean? Will buying a class 4 solve all my problems and can I fix the problems without buying a class 4? Big thanks to anyone who can help me get this working.

Edit: I used to have to prepare files then drag all of them card when I had my r4 and thats what I would have to stick with untill I reformatted. I thought since this is a better flash cart maybe that wouldn't be the case but tell me if im wrong.

2. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Try akaio seriously ... and did you quick format your micro sd? Try full format with panasonic sd formatter.

3. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    You're using the shitty Acekard firmware that's the problem. Use AKAIO instead. Download the 1.4.1 Proper Repack and extract the _aio folder and akmenu4.nds to the root of the card. Read the Wiki for more info.

The Class of microSD refers to it's minimum WRITE speed. For example a Class 2 card writes at a guaranteed minimum of 2MB/s and often times much higher than that. Class 4 writes at 4MB/s, Class 6 at 6MB/s, etc. Some people mistake the Class as being the READ speed but this isn't the case.

I'm using a Class2 8GB Sandisk and have no problems at all.

4. Primenay13
    OP

Member Primenay13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks alot, i got it working fine with akaio and I reformatted